The Student Room Group

I broke up with my bf, ask me anything

Because he was abusive, not because I'm cold hearted :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did you not know of his abusive nature initially..?
Original post by Adesina
Did you not know of his abusive nature initially..?

No, he seemed quite alright at first. After a while, he thought he owned me.. per say.
Bump! :biggrin: xx
Have you had a gender change?
Reply 5
How was he abusive if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
TROLL :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonynous

How you feeling now? :hugs::rolleyes:
Reply 8
Unless it's a really sensitive subject, can you describe how he was abusive to you, or otherwise treated you badly? I hope it was only emotional abuse (not that that is acceptable either?)
Original post by So Fetch
Have you had a gender change?

Nope :tongue:

Original post by ice cube
How was he abusive if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by Riku
Unless it's a really sensitive subject, can you describe how he was abusive to you, or otherwise treated you badly? I hope it was only emotional abuse (not that that is acceptable either?)

Mmostly didn't allow me to see my friends etc.. or go out because I was essentially his property :/

Original post by IqraHaq
How you feeling now? :hugs::rolleyes:

I'm a lot more happier now thanks x
Reply 10
Nope :tongue:

Mmostly didn't allow me to see my friends etc.. or go out because I was essentially his property :/

I'm a lot more happier now thanks x

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you left. You should always be free :hugs:

Do you think he was the jealous type? I say this because one reason that I messed up with my ex was because I got a bit controlling. She had a guy friend who I accused her of wanting to leave me for a few times. But that was because she talked about him so much (like stories about him would come up on dates, annoying) and flirted with him a little when he was around. Not that it made me OK to accuse her of these things but I was hurt. I never stopped her seeing him or any friends but told her her behaviour was hurting me, and it didn't go down well, at all.

Was he anything like that? :smile: x
Original post by Riku
I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you left. You should always be free :hugs:

Do you think he was the jealous type? I say this because one reason that I messed up with my ex was because I got a bit controlling. She had a guy friend who I accused her of wanting to leave me for a few times. But that was because she talked about him so much (like stories about him would come up on dates, annoying) and flirted with him a little when he was around. Not that it made me OK to accuse her of these things but I was hurt. I never stopped her seeing him or any friends but told her her behaviour was hurting me, and it didn't go down well, at all.

Was he anything like that? :smile: x

Yeah, I think he felt I was like his pride possession that nobody could talk to or even be alone with. It got to the point where I felt it was limiting my enjoyment, even at social gatherings. So I kinda said screw it and broke it off.. He's always apologising nowadays but I have no interest in him anymore. Especially now I've started university and he doesn't really have any life ambitions.
Reply 12
Was he fit?
Reply 13
Yeah, I think he felt I was like his pride possession that nobody could talk to or even be alone with. It got to the point where I felt it was limiting my enjoyment, even at social gatherings. So I kinda said screw it and broke it off.. He's always apologising nowadays but I have no interest in him anymore. Especially now I've started university and he doesn't really have any life ambitions.

so would you suggest that if my girlfriend flirts regularly with another man including implications of hooking up on a date with him I should not say anything because otherwise I am a control freak? She flirted that they should go to the cinema together as a couple in front of me at my birthday party you see. But I now know I shouldn't say anything because it's emotional abuse :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Bump! :biggrin: xx

Where do you live?

GOOD.

It's upsetting how hard people can find it to actually leave their abusive PoS boyfriends (and girlfriends) and how psychologically trapped they become. Not their fault, but good on you for getting out cleanly.
Original post by Riku
so would you suggest that if my girlfriend flirts regularly with another man including implications of hooking up on a date with him I should not say anything because otherwise I am a control freak? She flirted that they should go to the cinema together as a couple in front of me at my birthday party you see. But I now know I shouldn't say anything because it's emotional abuse :/

I didn't flirt with anyone. I literally just couldn't even hang out with friends becauase he felt all I neded was him x

Original post by Clez
Where do you live?

London x

Original post by Friar Chris
GOOD.

It's upsetting how hard people can find it to actually leave their abusive PoS boyfriends (and girlfriends) and how psychologically trapped they become. Not their fault, but good on you for getting out cleanly.

Thank you. It took me a while as I felt guilty.
Reply 17
I didn't flirt with anyone. I literally just couldn't even hang out with friends becauase he felt all I neded was him x

London x

OK, that's not on. We had different situations. I'm glad you're out :smile: x

This is a normal reaction for most break-ups, unfortunately the emotions still apply when the other person is an absolute piece of excrement and has mistreated you, and is one of the feelings that particularly manipulative partners like to engender to trap people.

I blame the brain.
Reply 19

London x

Ahh okay. Thats a shame.

Im sorry to hear about your relationship anyway, I hope things pick up soon!

Quick Reply

Latest