The Student Room Group

23 years old virgin

Hey guys

I hate to say that but i am becoming desperate, am 23 and still cannot find that beautiful girl to love and have a great life together. I don't know is it me or what is wrong?

Btw do i have to worry that am still virgin?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys

I hate to say that but i am becoming desperate, am 23 and still cannot find that beautiful girl to love and have a great life together. I don't know is it me or what is wrong?

Thanks

I didn't lose mine until I was 23, Not everyone loses it at 16... Nothing to be ashamed about. I'm guessing by "am 23 and still cannot find that beautiful girl to love and have a great life together" that you're either waiting for a meaningful relationship or marriage before you do anything, In which case good for you, If not, still, don't worry. Someone will come along when you least expect it :smile: GOOD LUCK!!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey guys

Thanks

Being a virgin is so normal - society puts so much pressure on both men and women to be 'experienced'!

You have your whole life to be experienced - and gain experience etc.

I know guys who are 30 and have been with 2 partners their whole life - both serious. A lot of guys I know - had their first sexual ( with a woman) encounter around 26 - just because they were studying and busy etc and just didn't want to have a one night stand.

Just relax and enjoy life - when it comes its comes and it will come naturally.
Reply 3
Hey guys

Thanks
Yes, you should be worried, and you should seriously consider who you are, if you're still a virgin at twenty-three; if you leave it another year then it's a scientifically proven fact that you might die. So you probably need to change your personality and style, and where you go and what music you listen to.

Or you could go with a prostitute just to get it out of the way.

Or you could get a ****ing grip and learn that getting a wang on isn't the be-all and end-all.
Reply 4
Hey guys

Thanks

You shouldn't worry, but you should get laid.

It does not matter that your first time is not with someone you love or care about, when you'll find your special lady then your that first time will be something to remember.

So just get laid for fun, use tinder or something, see how it goes and you can keep it a secret. At least you won't be clueless when you'll have first time with your girl.
Reply 5
the problem is that am becoming too emotional i can fall in love with any girl so easily :frown:

but anyway guys thank u all for ur comments :smile:
Original post by Tootles
Yes, you should be worried, and you should seriously consider who you are, if you're still a virgin at twenty-three; if you leave it another year then it's a scientifically proven fact that you might die. So you probably need to change your personality and style, and where you go and what music you listen to. Or you could go with a prostitute just to get it out of the way. Or you could get a ****ing grip and learn that getting a wang on isn't the be-all and end-all.
Well that was called for... Sex, espeically good sex with someone you care about, is an amazing part of life, and he's been physically ready for it for years now, he didn't say it was the be all and end all anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
Well that was called for... Sex, espeically good sex with someone you care about, is an amazing part of life, and he's been physically ready for it for years now, he didn't say it was the be all and end all anyway.
You clearly discerned the point of my post.
Original post by Tootles
You clearly discerned the point of my post.
So you're saying the sarcastic looking bit- "Yes, you should be worried, and you should seriously consider who you are, if you're still a virgin at twenty-three; if you leave it another year then it's a scientifically proven fact that you might die. So you probably need to change your personality and style, and where you go and what music you listen to." Is what you actually think, and the genuine looking bit- "Or you could get a ****ing grip and learn that getting a wang on isn't the be-all and end-all." Is sarcastic? Or did you not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying leave him alone, he doesn't need to "get a ****ing grip", his response to not getting laid is proportionate. OP, you say "the problem is that am becoming too emotional i can fall in love with any girl so easily", I think you shouldn't treat your virginity like a big deal, don't worry about losing it to "the perfect girl", just try getting with a girl you like, you probably need a couple of relationships to give you a better idea of the reality of the situation.
Reply 9
Original post by Mankytoes
So you're saying the sarcastic looking bit- "Yes, you should be worried, and you should seriously consider who you are, if you're still a virgin at twenty-three; if you leave it another year then it's a scientifically proven fact that you might die. So you probably need to change your personality and style, and where you go and what music you listen to." Is what you actually think, and the genuine looking bit- "Or you could get a ****ing grip and learn that getting a wang on isn't the be-all and end-all." Is sarcastic? Or did you not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying leave him alone, he doesn't need to "get a ****ing grip", his response to not getting laid is proportionate. OP, you say "the problem is that am becoming too emotional i can fall in love with any girl so easily", I think you shouldn't treat your virginity like a big deal, don't worry about losing it to "the perfect girl", just try getting with a girl you like, you probably need a couple of relationships to give you a better idea of the reality of the situation.
No, I'm not. I'm saying STFU about it, it'll happen when you're not waiting or pursuing.

Also, no male virgin's response to not getting laid is proportionate.
Original post by Tootles
No, I'm not. I'm saying STFU about it, it'll happen when you're not waiting or pursuing. Also, no male virgin's response to not getting laid is proportionate.
So I did discern the point of your post? And that's rubbish, things don't just get handed to you in life, if you want something, do something about it. Well sex is important to a lot of people.
Original post by Ryan-Slade
Someone will come along when you least expect it :smile: GOOD LUCK!!!!!

If you are making no effort at all that is very unlikely.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If you are making no effort at all that is very unlikely.

Not neccessariy true, You never know when you might meet someone, You don't neccessarily have to go out on the prowl every friday night to find someone. You don't neccessarily have to make a major effort to actually find someone you have a connection with, the effort comes in taking it to the next step...
why is it only men who seem to make these threads? am i alone in being a virgin as a girl? :frown:
Reply 14
I'm 22 and same boat. Though I have few prospects for a relationship for a few reason s (NOT ugliness :tongue:). I feel now like being happy is the most important thing.

That being a virgin is something to look down on is just something that teen movies have drummed into us and possibly something that our animal biology has drummed into us.

Being impotent on medication has given me a new perspective on sex.

I feel like the basic thing is to be happy if you want to enjoy life (seems obvious).

this is just my point of view, to show you that not everyone looks down on people who don't have sex and not everyone is desperate for it.
Why would you worry about being a virgin? There's nothing wrong with being one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending