The Student Room Group

Can I be an accountant with these qualifications?

I am applying to study business management at uni and was wondering if this would be enough to bet a job as a graduate accountant and train to become a chartered accountant?

What would I have to do when I graduate to become a chartered accountant?

Also if I became a chartered accountant would I have many opportunities to work abroad because I have always wanted to move to Australia or Canada so if I became a chartered accountant would there be many opportunities to move and work in one of hem countries?
Becoming a trainee accountant doesn't normally require you to have an accounting qualification. If you qualify (or are part qualified) you will be able to get a job overseas - depending on the role you may have to study the local tax and AC regulations & standards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
As said above you do not need a degree in accountancy or similar to become an accountant.

There's lots of scope to move abroad after you've qualified, I work at KPMG and I know they're very helpful and supportive if you're wanting to try something new.
Original post by lukey96
I am applying to study business management at uni and was wondering if this would be enough to bet a job as a graduate accountant and train to become a chartered accountant?

What would I have to do when I graduate to become a chartered accountant?

Also if I became a chartered accountant would I have many opportunities to work abroad because I have always wanted to move to Australia or Canada so if I became a chartered accountant would there be many opportunities to move and work in one of hem countries?

Yeh as previous users have mentioned, the typical entry requirements for accountancy is around 280-300 UCAS points and a 2:1 in any discipline.
Im not too sure about the moving though, I assume there will be a conversion course or an exam to take, im actually interested in that since moving to Canada or america is a dream.
Have you considered an advanced apprenticeship as an alternative to a degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending