The Student Room Group

Disadvantages of Costs Minimisation to a Manufacturer of High Street Fashion

Hey guys, into my 2nd week of Business Studies (AQA) at A2.

One question we've been asked is to "outine two potential disadvantages to a manufacturer of high street fashions of an objective of cost minimisation."

Firstly, I don't think the question has been worded very well. Secondly, I can only think of one point, and that is, that any cost minimisation used in this firms production line will likely lead to a fall in quality of goods delivered. As this is a high street good, sales will likely fall, meaning profitability doesn't improve, overall.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Cost minimisation involves manufacturing at a large scale where you can theoretically make anything once, cheaply but it will have issues around the edges unless you take a long careful time. The retailers problem is that the item is now a mass consumer good and not exclusive so the price goes down even more.

Quick Reply

Latest