The Student Room Group

What do you do when you come across a spider?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan9900
I'll chat to it, ask it how its day has been, and ask what its having for tea.

This reminds me of that 'tiger came to tea' book, but I can't remember anything else about it and it's annoying me now :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by furryface12
If it's not bothering me I'll just leave it. Occasionally if it's on my bed or something or my mum or sister find one then I'll put a plastic cup over it and take it outside :smile:

Edit: Why do so many people here kill them? :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if it suddenly mutated and had wings and flew on your face?
Reply 22
I'll chat to it, ask it how its day has been, and ask what its having for tea.

Spiders don't deserve tea. But I'd be glad to give you some.
Original post by kka25
Spiders don't deserve tea. But I'd be glad to give you some.

Spiders deserve all the tea that there ever was.
Original post by kka25
What if it suddenly mutated and had wings and flew on your face?

Wouldn't that just make them a daddy-longlegs? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joey11223
We'll base this on the last spider I encountered...well...last house spider anyway.

So I see a giant spider on the ceiling, initially I think "oh **** no" because I think it's something else, but luckily it was indeed a simple house spider. So what do I do now? I get a my plant sprayer and pump it up, then start firing water near the spider in short bursts to herd it to the other side of the ceiling, where I could stand on a chair and put a plastic takeaway box over it, then slid the lid on. With the spider inside the takeaway tub I confirmed it was a mature male. I then placed a small mealworm in the tub, which after calming down for a minute it proceeded to approach and lunge at. This was a week ago, what is happening now? The spider is in a slightly bigger tub, and has eaten a small cockroach, I say small it was actually over half the size of the spider and it was amusing watching the spider trying to over-power it, but it prevailed.

....so yes, that is what I do...

You're cooler than the rest of this thread put together.
Reply 26
Spiders deserve all the tea that there ever was.

But they don't like teacups and teapots, how should we give them tea then?
Original post by pickup
Catch it, piece of paper and tumbler job, put it outside.

Yeah this. They don't scare me at all but I always put them outside anyway.
Reply 29
Original post by AstroNandos
Well what frightens me are the ones like this:
(image from Google images)

I guess it's because I'm not used to seeing ones this big. I'll happily stay in the same room as it, as long as it can't touch me.

One of those just crawled by my feet. I was going to grab a cup and throw it out the window (for the 50th time) but it scuppered away before I got back.
Haven't done much about it since. No idea where it went, and not all that many cares given. Evacuated two from my younger brother's room yesterday. Seems it's their season.
Kill it or get the dog to get it haha. If it's small I try to pick it up with tissue and put it down the toilet and flush it away.
Original post by furryface12
This reminds me of that 'tiger came to tea' book, but I can't remember anything else about it and it's annoying me now :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember that book! Haha :tongue:
Eat it, they're tasty.
Reply 33
Original post by ChrisLay1
Kill it or get the dog to get it haha. If it's small I try to pick it up with tissue and put it down the toilet and flush it away.

But that will mutate it and and and, turned it into gigantic man eating spider! :eek:
Original post by kka25
But that will mutate it and and and, turned it into gigantic man eating spider! :eek:

Okay...I'm too tired to type more XD
Reply 35
Okay...I'm too tired to type more XD

Beware ... it's coming to get you :hide:

:tongue:
Original post by kka25
Beware ... it's coming to get you :hide:

I shall make it my pet and it will come to get you...:tongue:
Reply 37
I shall make it my pet and it will come to get you...:tongue:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Original post by kka25
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yes...:centipe::centipe::centipe:
I usually leave them alone. Unless they're somewhere inconvenient (like the one on my desk the other day) in which case I put them outside

Quick Reply

Latest