The Student Room Group

Why do I hate smokers so much!?

I hate that they think it's okay to to throw/flick cigarette butts on the floor

I hate that they're so dependant on them

I hate that they stand outside they're houses talking loudly, laughing and coughing at stupid o'clock!

I hate the smell, gives me a right headache and makes my stomach hurt

I hate that they're allowed to have 'smokers breaks' at the workplace every hour

I hate that theyre allowed to smoke outside where there are other people around including children

Does anyone else feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, yeah. I mean, most people don't smoke for at least one of the reasons you just provided.
I hate them too, they're so inconsiderate to us who don't want to breathe in their second hand smoke that contains all those wonderful ingredients that are brilliant for your health

/sarcasm
I don't mind smokers that smell nice smelling stuff but some smell foul smelling stuff & it smells so bad when they're anywhere near you like in one of my exams at uni this girl stunk of really bad cheap cigarettes and it made me feel sick. :frown:
No I do not feel the same.

I can understand that you dislike smoking but hating people just because they smoke is pretty ridiculous.
To be honest I agree, and your last point is it for me. I get that people smoke and it's their choice, but it's disgusting to breathe in second hand smoke.
Original post by Davelittle
I hate them too, they're so inconsiderate to us who don't want to breathe in their second hand smoke that contains all those wonderful ingredients that are brilliant for your health

/sarcasm

this.

I get angry to the point where I want to start a fight with them when they light up and contaminate my air. It's so disrespectful. I also get really bad headaches from cigarrette smoke
Reply 7
Smokers are scum

Worst humans on earth
Reply 8
Obviously move out the way if the smoke comes your way...it's not as if they're purposely blowing smoke your way...
Reply 9
Original post by Gambit92
Smokers are scum

Worst humans on earth

Yeah they're truly the worst! Never mind that guy who set alight a building full of dogs, or those police that aggressively attack black men because they 'think' they saw a gun, or that kid who thinks it's funny to harass women and call it a prank for the sake of a youtube video, they're nowhere near as bad as people who smoke.
Reply 10
I don't think they should smoke around children and pregnant women and the "smoker's break" thing is a pet hate of mine (I can't see why they aren't made wait to smoke on their allocated breaks? I mean if a non-smoker disappeared for 20 mins at a time every hour then I'd imagine they'd get in trouble pretty fast!). Otherwise don't really have a problem with smokers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smoking around people who don't want to inhale and smoking around children and in people's faces is pretty disgusting. I would never do that. I do go through phases where I smoke but that's my choice and I would always excuse myself to have a cigarette on my own without even asking if it was okay to smoke around the people because they might just be polite and say go ahead but in reality feel differently.

Smoking has some very disgusting aspects to it but at the end of the day it is someone's life choice and no one lives a perfectly healthy life unless they' have a form of health ocd. People indulge in burgers and fast food and people don't make comments about them. And people drink so much in this country in fact I'm pretty sure our generation of uni students and freshers In particular are literally killing their livers. But that is somehow acceptable where smoking isn't it?! It's just really hypocritical and ignorant when some people act like they are paragons of virtue and flawless health and make these comments about smokers.

Besides how can you hate someone who is 'dependent' on cigarettes? Addiction is a complex matter and neurological and psychiatric researchers have shown some people are born with a genetic predisposition towards addiction. There's literally a part of your brain relating to a addiction that is more active in some people than others. There is a strong history of addiction in my family and so I have that tendency. It doesn't make me any less of person. You don't know the reasons why someone feels they need a cigarette. Maybe their journey was different to yours. Maybe they were brought up around smokers. It's not question of strength to resist and dependency. the issues can go a lot deeper than that.

Not all smokers are inconsiderate as you say. In fact most of the smokers I know do have the consideration not to inflict their habit on others.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by gemmam
I don't think they should smoke around children and pregnant women and the "smoker's break" thing is a pet hate of mine (I can't see why they aren't made wait to smoke on their allocated breaks? I mean if a non-smoker disappeared for 20 mins at a time every hour then I'd imagine they'd get in trouble pretty fast!). Otherwise don't really have a problem with smokers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. We'd be fired if we did that. So annoying!
Meh, what can you do?
Original post by MancBoy
I hate that they think it's okay to to throw/flick cigarette butts on the floor

I hate that they're so dependant on them

I hate that they stand outside they're houses talking loudly, laughing and coughing at stupid o'clock!

I hate the smell, gives me a right headache and makes my stomach hurt

I hate that they're allowed to have 'smokers breaks' at the workplace every hour

I hate that theyre allowed to smoke outside where there are other people around including children

Does anyone else feel the same?

You can hate smoking but you can't hate smokers just because of tobacco & it's consequences/side effects/issues etc.
Reply 15
The only thing that annoys me is the big wall of cancer I walk into when coming out for a break, stupid to hate people just for smoking though.
Because they STINK!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The breath is offensive. It's so awkward when you're speaking to a smoker who stinks, I just want to tell him to get the hell away from me before I die but that's rude and all.
That's why I love my work's policy on smoking since they do not allow any smoking within the premises and outside in the car park area. You are only allowed to smoke outside of the gate :colonhash: I dislike smokers too (just as smokers but not as individuals), why should I be affected by their choice of lifestyle :erm: I'm glad my sister chose to have e-cigarette instead of real ones.

It was a nightmare when my neighbours constantly kept smoking in the corridor, upon entrance you could clearly see smoke floating in the air and the smell was horrible :puke:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by ForgetMe
That's why I love my work's policy on smoking since they do not allow any smoking within the premises and outside in the car park area. You are only allowed to smoke outside of the gate :colonhash: I dislike smokers too (just as smokers but not as individuals), why should I be affected by their choice of lifestyle :erm: I'm glad my sister chose to have e-cigarette instead of real ones.

It was a nightmare when my neighbours constantly kept smoking in the corridor, upon entrance you could clearly see smoke floating in the air and the smell was horrible :puke:

I have a similar situation. My neighbours seem to like to smoke outside thier front door (when they already have a back garden) and the smell somehow reaches our house. Makes me feel ill.

Latest

Trending

Trending