The Student Room Group

If girls are interested in you why don't they make an effort to communicate more?

Just seem to get this a lot, girls that are apparently interested in me (a guy).either communicate very little with me or not at all. Hence nothing tends to happen. Girls why do you do this? I mean it must happen a lot if it has happened to me a fair bit. Why show interest in a guy i.e eye contact etc then not communicate with him? Surely if you like someone it makes sense to open up communication with them? Just seems pointlessly frustrating otherwise, I just don't get it.
Are you sure that just by a girl making eye contact with you, that it necessarily means she's interested? It wouldn't hurt your chances to make the first move yourself, either... :P
Reply 2
Because she feels insecure to start to communicate with you.
In my opinion, I think men should go for it first.
Reply 3
Original post by LauraB101
Are you sure that just by a girl making eye contact with you, that it necessarily means she's interested? It wouldn't hurt your chances to make the first move yourself, either... :P

I just know :wink: Its just the way she looks and the frequency and the feeling I get. Seeing as she started it to begin with then she should initiate conversation is the way I see it.
Reply 4
She probably doesn't like you.

Also why don't you man up and talk to her if you really want as well. It doesn't matter who starts anything.

If you want something, go get it instead of sitting on your ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Alisa59
Because she feels insecure to start to communicate with you.
In my opinion, I think men should go for it first.

As above, plus I am kind of introverted so initiating conversation is not easy for me, it can be kind of intimidating (but also pleasing) if the girl is there really eyeing you up. So I see it if she is making her interest known then she should make conversation to ease the situation.
Maybe she is shy... I once liked a guy a lot and a lot but I was so shy to talk to him...
Reply 7
Original post by Inazuma
She probably doesn't like you.

Also why don't you man up and talk to her if you really want as well. It doesn't matter who starts anything.

If you want something, go get it instead of sitting on your ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt that she doesnt like me, she eyes me up so much. Plus there is that strange feeling when around each other.

However, since she started the eyeing up & I guess she wants it why doesnt she talk to me as if shes into me then I would have thought it would be the thing to do.

In any case I can tell the difference between those that are attractive or just looking around out of curiosity but are not interested and those that are checking me out in an interested way. I dont think a load of girls are up for it with me, I just know when the occasional one is every once in a while. So im not the kind of Guy that thinks every girl fancies me.
Reply 8
Just seems like sometimes women are part of some strange trade union or society where they come to an agreement not to ever initiate communication with a guy they like just look at him and nothing more, very weird I think.
Because, get this, she's not actually interested at all.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Just seem to get this a lot, girls that are apparently interested in me (a guy).either communicate very little with me or not at all. Hence nothing tends to happen. Girls why do you do this? I mean it must happen a lot if it has happened to me a fair bit. Why show interest in a guy i.e eye contact etc then not communicate with him? Surely if you like someone it makes sense to open up communication with them? Just seems pointlessly frustrating otherwise, I just don't get it.

This particular subject has been brought so many times on TSR there is not much point adding to it.

By the way a woman can check you out and not want to talk to you it's pretty normal does not mean she is interested in you.

Also not many women even if interested will approach you they may give you a sign body language wise but not many just walk up to you and initiate a conversation, it is not in a woman's character to do so and she has nothing to gain by doing it because women do not really have to approach.

It has happened to me in the past were a woman has approached me but it does not happen much and it only happens when the woman is infatuated with you, so just get used to the fact that you as a guy will have to do most of the initiating if you want to get anywhere with a woman.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cole-slaw
Because, get this, she's not actually interested at all.

Why would you think that? She repeatedly looks at me up and down eyes flickering then looks away then often does it again. Also, she blushes a fair bit around me. So why does she not follow up with coming over and saying à few words. She was the one that took interest in me in the first place so shes caused the situation if you know what I mean. I mean at least that way she'll be with the one she wants to be with and not just any guy who happened to ask her.
I think because girls sometimes tend to be shy, they will only go so far as 'eye-contact' flirts -= oh boy! that's serious! :rofl: You should be the one to make more of an effort there! You cannot expect to be a typical guy and play your role well, and then turn around and wait for the girl to be over-the-top and go "hey there, dude! what's cooking?" I mean, come on! She can't be shy and bold at the same time!...also maybe you only like those really demure girls, who tend to be shy, hence the constant repititive nature of "less communication" post the flirting! :biggrin:

Probably because your ugly as ****
Why would you think that? She repeatedly looks at me up and down eyes flickering then looks away then often does it again. Also, she blushes a fair bit around me. So why does she not follow up with coming over and saying à few words. She was the one that took interest in me in the first place so shes caused the situation if you know what I mean. I mean at least that way she'll be with the one she wants to be with and not just any guy who happened to ask her.

So she looks at you, so what?

Ok, In all seriousness ( unlike my last comment) I got this a lot to and I realised that girls probably make eye contact when you are looking at them just to make the situation less awkward and they have no interest in you as a mate or father of your IVF children but just as a friend. If you run after these girls they will make you do non-stop favours day after day becasue they know you would do anything to talk to them, let alone get in there pants. You will become a slave, a pet to her and she will forgot about you and you will go home and cry yourself to sleep and your mum disown you.

Talking from experience here
Original post by cole-slaw
So she looks at you, so what?

Whenever you post, you are always talking about the same thing. If you really believe that women will always approach when they find a man attractive then you are deluded.
There are two options, either as above, she might not be interested, but if you think this is unlikely then she is probably just too shy to say something!

There have been quite a few times where I have been out and spotted a guy I'm interested in, but the idea of actually starting a conversation with him is enough on it's own to get me panicking!
And then there have been other times (usually when I'm drunk enough) where I do start a conversation, and a lot of guys seem to find it strange that a girl has made the first move! It's down to social stigma.

In all honesty, if you're interested, think that she's interested and she isn't coming over, just go over yourself. Don't let the pride of 'she looked first' stop you from going for something you want!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending