The Student Room Group

Cheated on gf - punished by instant karma... what to do :S

Scroll to see replies

Original post by young_guns
Hehe I know you well enough to know it was firmly tongue in cheek :wink: I laughed so I think it had the intended effect.

Just off to create a "Wrong or funny?" thread; some rapey fratboys at Yale got in trouble for marching through the streets of the town chanting, "No means yes, yes means anal!". I cracked up when I read that, I'm not sure if I should have.

Haha I meant you should be even more impressed that I managed to conjure up such words after a few drinks!!! It took me half the bus journey home to think it up though!!!

And god dam you you are part of the rape culture now! Remember, you can make jokes about murder and stuff, but not rape.
Original post by Huskaris
And god dam you you are part of the rape culture now! Remember, you can make jokes about murder and stuff, but not rape

I know, I seriously need to check my privilege. Besides, whether or not I am part of the rape culture, all men are rapists in the broader sense and therefore guilty :wink:

I've never understood why rape is considered some kind of magical crime. I mean, if someone came up to you and started beating you to a pulp with a baseball bat and then pulled out a sawn-off shotgun and blasted you in the kneecap, that would probably be more traumatising than rape.

But only rape seems to be worthy of anonymity for the accuser, campaigns to increase the number of guilty verdicts, and the implication that there is no smoke without fire. I personally cannot understand what makes rape this kind of magical crime that needs to be treated differently from all others
I know, I seriously need to check my privilege. Besides, whether or not I am part of the rape culture, all men are rapists in the broader sense and therefore guilty :wink:

I've never understood why rape is considered some kind of magical crime. I mean, if someone came up to you and started beating you to a pulp with a baseball bat and then pulled out a sawn-off shotgun and blasted you in the kneecap, that would probably be more traumatising than rape.

But only rape seems to be worthy of anonymity for the accuser, campaigns to increase the number of guilty verdicts, and the implication that there is no smoke without fire. I personally cannot understand what makes rape this kind of magical crime that needs to be treated differently from all others

I think we both know the answer to your question....

Wow. Just wow.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't seen her yet or haven't told her yet.

I don't know why people are calling me selfish.. It would be selfish to just leave it and stay with my girlfriend knowing I can give her the disease.

And why does she "deserve to know" I have herpes? I mean it's my personal business, as long as I don't sleep with her anymore. I'm not being selfish, I'm thinking about both of our wellbeings.

I don't want to infect her but I don't want the public to know about this nasty disease either. Isn't there enough punishment for a little mistake in the fact that I'll have to carry herpes for life?

I'm starting to lean towards the option that I'll just break up with her. It won't be too random anyways, since we have had some trouble throughout our relationship which can be easily explained as the reason for wanting to break up. It'll be much better for her as well this way because she will remember me as the boyfriend with who things didn't just work out and we'll stay friends. Not the ******* boyfriend who wasted 2 years of her life and cheated and got herpes.

This is the best option so far

I have herpes too ( girl) and I understand just how terrifying be , the thought of telling her and then she telling everyone else... if deep down, you know you're going to breakup at some point anyway then might as well tell her.

And it might sound awful having 'herpes for life' but what most people don't think about is that you body is full of bacteria. For example If you've ever had chicken pox when you were kid, then you already have herpes :wink: ( chicken pox is the varicella virus which is in the herpes family)
Reply 85

What a strange response from Meduza! (If that is his/her real name) You'd think he/she might be grateful for being schooled by someone a little more experienced than they are.

It is because of people like Meduza that modern youths are shockingly ignorant of sexual health matters

You might want to sink your brain a little bit more into my response because it's too apparent you did not understand what I said.
Tell her the truth!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elmosandy
Wow. Just wow.

Do you have any serious contribution to make or are you just going to embarrass yourself with meaningless interjections?
Do you have any serious contribution to make or are you just going to embarrass yourself with meaningless interjections?

Lol you trying to insult? I don't think I have to extend, actually I can't because i'm so shocked by what you said :smile:
OP here again...

Tomorrow will be the moment of truth :O STI test results.

So far no talking or no sex, just been keeping quiet and my pants on.
Here I quite disagree, but people think about these things differently of course. In my opinion the herpes is the main issue here, not the cheating. If I hadn't caught the STI I wouldn't worry at all about the cheating, it was a little mistake and better that she doesn't know about it. I wouldn't even feel that bad about it myself, since it's such a stupid little mistake.. No feelings involved, didn't even find the girl very attractive.

I think it's a different case if you cheat and actually have feelings for someone else, where this can affect the relationship in the future. But in this case it could be just easily forgotten forever - apart from the fact that she gave me a disease.

You are a disgrace to the male species! You deserve to be alone with your STI, the lass must have been desperate to go with such a moron! Were you never educated in morals?
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Option 3 is ****ed up to knowingly gamble with someone's health like that, I bet you'd be furious if she did it to you

I'm also certain it's illegal to knowingly give someone an STD for life.
Lol you trying to insult? I don't think I have to extend, actually I can't because i'm so shocked by what you said :smile:

Is he wrong though?
Original post by Mysticsilk
I'm also certain it's illegal to knowingly give someone an STD for life.

I know it is for HIV, not sure about the other ones.
Here I quite disagree, but people think about these things differently of course. In my opinion the herpes is the main issue here, not the cheating. If I hadn't caught the STI I wouldn't worry at all about the cheating, it was a little mistake and better that she doesn't know about it. I wouldn't even feel that bad about it myself, since it's such a stupid little mistake.. No feelings involved, didn't even find the girl very attractive.

I think it's a different case if you cheat and actually have feelings for someone else, where this can affect the relationship in the future. But in this case it could be just easily forgotten forever - apart from the fact that she gave me a disease.

Well yes of course if you're talking from the point of view of saving your own arse but if you cared about her and respected her enough you would come clean because roles reversed you most definitely would want to know if she had a ONS with another guy. Whether it matters or not to the relationship is her choice to make as well because you are not in the relationship by yourself, just like it'd be your choice to leave or stay if she cheated.

If you're saying that you are being selfish and only thinking of yourself then so be it, fair enough. But don't pretend that doesn't make you a prick.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Is he wrong though?

He's saying rape isn't really that bad :O ..... He doesn't understand why people treat it as such a bad crime:O....
He's saying rape isn't really that bad :O ..... He doesn't understand why people treat it as such a bad crime:O....

No he's not, he's asking for a bit of consistency.
Just got my test results: negative for everything!

One thing I'm worried about though is that maybe I took the herpes test too early, about 6 days from the start of symptoms?

I went to see a NHS doctor at a sexual health clinic yesterday to take another test since everything was negative.. and she told me they won't test me for HSV-1/2 unless I currently have symptoms.. what?

When I described my symptoms, she started doubting it was herpes because of the mild symptoms. But online resources give examples that are just like my case..

But anyways the doctor was suggesting that it's probably just some tropical rash or something, but I'm still pretty worried. I don't want to infect anyone! She basicly told me to not worry about it since I tested negative..
Just got my test results: negative for everything!

One thing I'm worried about though is that maybe I took the herpes test too early, about 6 days from the start of symptoms?

I went to see a NHS doctor at a sexual health clinic yesterday to take another test since everything was negative.. and she told me they won't test me for HSV-1/2 unless I currently have symptoms.. what?

When I described my symptoms, she started doubting it was herpes because of the mild symptoms. But online resources give examples that are just like my case..

But anyways the doctor was suggesting that it's probably just some tropical rash or something, but I'm still pretty worried. I don't want to infect anyone! She basicly told me to not worry about it since I tested negative..

You really are an idiot. Poor girl, I feel for her. Do her a favour and break up.
Original post by poohat
Interestingly, if you reverse the genders then people would be telling you that you were raped, and should go to the police

Also are you absolutely sure it's Herpes and not just a yeast infection or something? Go to a STD clinic and get properly tested before you do anything rash like telling your partner. (Obviously you are going to need some excuse to avoid sexual contact while you wait for the results)

Herpes can still be transmitted despite wearing a condom by the way

thats bull**** people are way harsher on girls that cheat than boys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending