The Student Room Group

Just booked a MENSA test - how to prepare?

So I decided to book myself for a nearby MENSA exam on the 11th of October, just for the hell of it. I had a look at some IQ tests recently and I did a fair bit better in them than I last recall, and my parents have always suspected that I've had an above average IQ - so I thought, why not?

Although I'm aware that the MENSA exams aren't like GCSE or A-level exam papers in the same way that you could do lots of them and then do really well in the final exam - but I get the impression that there are certain types of question that can come up.

I would like to ask if anyone else out there has also gone through the experience of doing a MENSA test, whether successful or not, and how to best prepare for them?
Reply 2
Turn around three times whie balancing a banana on your head, then you should proceed to jump off the nearest cliff.
Reply 3
Don't try to study for it, that defeats the point of an iq test.
Maybe just do a couple online to understand vaguely how it works, but of you study for it then it's not accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inazuma
Don't try to study for it, that defeats the point of an iq test.
Maybe just do a couple online to understand vaguely how it works, but of you study for it then it's not accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If someone is working on spacial problems or maths where patterns tend to be or are yo be discovered and then takes a test wouldn't that be the same? Wouldn't that mean that those prone to work on such problems and or be interested in them more achieve greater scores ?

Latest