The Student Room Group

Girlfriend cheated on me at Uni and now is coming to see me

I'm going to get straight to the point here as I need some advice - quick.

As a bit of backstory, me and my girlfriend have been together since January 1st 2014, so just over 9 months. We got together because she cheated on her boyfriend with me and then ended her relationship with him. She worked with me on weekends and each weekend, we gradually got closer and closer and eventually one night as I was driving her home, she sucked my **** and then had sex in the back of the car.

When she originally started working with me, she was single and asked me out but I said no. This is my first relationship and i'm 20 years old and she's 18. She had to stop working with me to concentrate on college but then came back and that's when she had the boyfriend.

Anyway, we have done A LOT together. We've been out for meals, to theme parks (we live in Blackpool) so we've been to almost every attraction here together, we've done LOTS!

My family really like her (well they did before I told them what had happened) and my mum loved her to bits. She is kind, fragile, small, cute and it very, very beautiful.

Anyway, she went to University in London 3 days ago. We've always talked about how it would affect us and that we agreed to FaceTime almost every night. We'd always speak to each other and I'd even booked to stay over this Friday which cost nearly £300 for travel and accommodation. Also, let me say that I spend a fortune on her but that's okay as I have a good job and she does buy me stuff too. On the morning before she went, I went to her house and cried like a baby. She didn't and claims it was hard for her to hold it in.
She also gave me a scrapbook of all the times we've been together and included cinema receipts, park wristbands, photos, the lot. It's extremely nice and I loved it.

NOW THE MAIN PART:

On the first night of being there, she FaceTimed me at 3 in the morning and said she couldn't sleep. She'd been up all night with her dorm mates watching TV and playing music etc. She admitted to having a 1/3 of a Stella can and some Wine but she doesn't drink and we had agreed that she would only drink when I'm there as she's not used to it. Anyway, once the phone call ended, she told me the next day that she spent most of the night drawing and watching TV with a male dorm mate once the others had gone to sleep...

ALERT 1:

I told her that I wasn't comfortable and she said I was paranoid. This is normal as I have always been paranoid whenever she's alone with a boy I think mainly due to the way we got together.

Anyway, the next day I get a message saying she's going shopping with her dorm mates and to call in 20 mins. An hour passes and still no answer. I then get a text saying she'd taken longer than expected and that she's off to Laser Quest and will speak soon.

This got me upset as I'd wanted to talk to her the whole day. I sent her a text saying this isn't going to work if this continues and she took it terribly and started crying.

I then hear nothing until 10pm, 5 hours after that text.

She's on FaceTime, all sheepish and there is a poster in the back, so I knew she'd gone shopping. Anyway, I confess I'm sorry about the text but then she bursts out crying. Long story short....

She'd gone into the male dorm mates room to get a picture from the other night and this led to a blowjob and then sex. She says she didn't enjoy it but couldn't think straight after she was tired and what I said on the text.

My way of thinking is that there is no excuse for anybody to suck another boy's **** and that because she claims she said no originally, she should have backed out then back to her room.

I'm so, so, so upset but I don't know what to do as I LOVE HER SO MUCH. We've done everything together and my room is full with her pictures and stuff she's bought.

I am willing to forgive her but I need to know if this is the right choice as she'll be at Uni for 3 years and there's a chance this will happen again. Also, how do I get over this and again, I really want her to stay.

PS: she's currently on her way back to my house after spening over 11 hours on trains (including sitting at the station 5 hours in the cold waiting one to arrive).

PLEASE HELP!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Without even considering all the other reasons outlined in your post about why it won't work between the two of you - you should get rid of her because within two days she had jumped in to bed with another guy.

Have a bit of self respect. She's there for the next 3 years. This is only going to happen repeatedly. Its not going to get any better, and if she knows she can get away with it once, she will do it repeatedly no doubt - sounds like she's got history of it. Her taking an eleven hour train journey doesn't justify her dropping to her knees 48 hours after meeting the guy.
Reply 2
Once a cheat always a cheat !

Anyway, you are a little too clingy for your first relationship- woah so she decided to go laser quest instead o f FTing. Should give people their space.

She is still a cheat- and probably always will be.

Abandon said relationship and learn from it- don't be so clingy, but also don't pick cheats...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

As a bit of backstory, me and my girlfriend have been together since January 1st 2014, so just over 9 months. We got together because she cheated on her boyfriend with me and then ended her relationship with him. She worked with me on weekends and each weekend, we gradually got closer and closer and eventually one night as I was driving her home, she s*cked my d*ck and then had sex in the back of the car.

When she originally started working with me, she was single and asked me out but I said no. This is my first relationship and i'm 20 years old and she's 18. She had to stop working with me to concentrate on college but then came back and that's when she had the boyfriend.

Anyway, we have done A LOT together. We've been out for meals, to theme parks (we live in Blackpool) so we've been to almost every attraction here together, we've done LOTS!

My family really like her (well they did before I told them what had happened) and my mum loved her to bits. She is kind, fragile, small, cute and it very, very beautiful.

Anyway, she went to University in London 3 days ago. We've always talked about how it would affect us and that we agreed to FaceTime almost every night. We'd always speak to each other and I'd even booked to stay over this Friday which cost nearly £300 for travel and accommodation. Also, let me say that I spend a fortune on her but that's okay as I have a good job and she does buy me stuff too. On the morning before she went, I went to her house and cried like a baby. She didn't and claims it was hard for her to hold it in.
She also gave me a scrapbook of all the times we've been together and included cinema receipts, park wristbands, photos, the lot. It's extremely nice and I loved it.

NOW THE MAIN PART:

On the first night of being there, she FaceTimed me at 3 in the morning and said she couldn't sleep. She'd been up all night with her dorm mates watching TV and playing music etc. She admitted to having a 1/3 of a Stella can and some Wine but she doesn't drink and we had agreed that she would only drink when I'm there as she's not used to it. Anyway, once the phone call ended, she told me the next day that she spent most of the night drawing and watching TV with a male dorm mate once the others had gone to sleep...

ALERT 1:

I told her that I wasn't comfortable and she said I was paranoid. This is normal as I have always been paranoid whenever she's alone with a boy I think mainly due to the way we got together.

Anyway, the next day I get a message saying she's going shopping with her dorm mates and to call in 20 mins. An hour passes and still no answer. I then get a text saying she'd taken longer than expected and that she's off to Laser Quest and will speak soon.

This got me upset as I'd wanted to talk to her the whole day. I sent her a text saying this isn't going to work if this continues and she took it terribly and started crying.

She's on FaceTime, all sheepish and there is a poster in the back, so I knew she'd gone shopping. Anyway, I confess I'm sorry about the text but then she bursts out crying. Long story short....

She'd gone into the male dorm mates room to get a picture from the other night and this led to a bl*wjob and then sex. She says she didn't enjoy it but couldn't think straight after she was tired and what I said on the text.

My way of thinking is that there is no excuse for anybody to s*ck another boy's d*ck and that because she claims she said no originally, she should have backed out then back to her room.

I'm so, so, so upset but I don't know what to do as I LOVE HER SO MUCH. We've done everything together and my room is full with her pictures and stuff she's bought.

I am willing to forgive her but I need to know if this is the right choice as she'll be at Uni for 3 years and there's a chance this will happen again. Also, how do I get over this and again, I really want her to stay.

PS: she's currently on her way back to my house after spening over 11 hours on trains (including sitting at the station 5 hours in the cold waiting one to arrive).

PLEASE HELP!

If you stay with her she will have no respect for you anymore and she shouldn't either. She knows that you are desperate and will hold on to her no matter what and she will be cheating on you all the time laughing about it behind your back.
Reply 4

As a bit of backstory, me and my girlfriend have been together since January 1st 2014, so just over 9 months. We got together because she cheated on her boyfriend with me and then ended her relationship with him. She worked with me on weekends and each weekend, we gradually got closer and closer and eventually one night as I was driving her home, she s*cked my d*ck and then had sex in the back of the car.

NOW THE MAIN PART:

ALERT 1:

She'd gone into the male dorm mates room to get a picture from the other night and this led to a bl*wjob and then sex. She says she didn't enjoy it but couldn't think straight after she was tired and what I said on the text.

My way of thinking is that there is no excuse for anybody to s*ck another boy's d*ck and that because she claims she said no originally, she should have backed out then back to her room.

PLEASE HELP!

Only way out is if she properly appologies and never does it again, but if you get into an argument in the long term future that cheating reference could come up and it will make things messy and untrust worthy.
Disgusting slag imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Your text was quite clingy but to be honest you did apologize which was good.
What she did was wrong and I hate it when people try to sugar it with excuses (I was "tired" so had sex... really...)

This is a complicated situation, talk to her and see how you feel after i guess.
the only thing that may cause problems is the fact she will be living with this guy for a year... hmm
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Think about the way you guys got together. What if she gets together with the guy she slept with at uni? Dump her before you get even more hurt.
Dump her and know what goes around, comes around.

People who cheat, it is a mentality more than anything, though they will always try to blame it on the situation. Some girls/guys would never cheat, even if they hadn't seen their partner in years. Others are unable to do without that sexual/human/emotional connection and don't care who they hurt in the process. I think it is a question of loyalty, which some people sadly lack.

She has an unfaithful mentality. She will not change.
Cheating happens, as OP said, she cheated on her boyfriend with him, and then dumped her boyfriend for him. That's fine, that's a respectful way to handle the situation, and you can't be expected to pass up the chance for something new and exciting.

The problem is now you are at the sharp end. She cheated on you, and you must come down hard on her by breaking up with her. The last thing you should do is send clingy texts; that sort of behaviour will make any girl want to cheat on you.

She's currently on the way back? What do you expect to eventuate from that? She wants to be there in person to charm you, she'll say it was a mistake etc etc and you'll be too nice to end it with her considering how far she's come on the train. I can't see a way out of this other than to break up with her regardless of the time spent on the train.
We got together because she cheated on her boyfriend with me and then ended her relationship with him.

DAYUM karma slayyyys.

If she cheated with you, she'll cheat on you. Common sense really.

You should've known better in the first place but don't be stupid yet again and say you 'love' her, have some respect for yourself and date someone miles better. And your family loves her? Why don't you try to explain to them that you love her even though she cheated on you and also how you got together in the first place? I'm sure your mum will love her more afterwards :smile:
Btw, once a cheat, always a cheat. She got together with you because she cheated on her previous BF. Alarms bells should have been ringing straight away
I've also moved to london while my boyfriend stays back home and the thought of cheating on him makes me feel sick.
If you do get back together you're just going to get even more paranoid as you'll always have that thought in the back of your head and that'll just make you argue even more.
Think of yourself in the long run. If she does it again you're just going to end up with more heart break, and you will never know if she's being honest with you.
This is not even romantic, if she gives blowjobs after 1-2 days of being in contact with new guys there, leave her there a couple weeks and she'd be gangbanging with the whole faculty. Three years? I can't even imagine, by that time probably you'd have earned an award for the most cheated on guy in the UK and beyond.

Sorry for the harsh language, but you are kinda biased on this, and you need to think straight.
Also.

Gives blowjob, excuse: I didn't even enjoy it, crying.

Guess who said the same to her previous boyfriend? Her, talking about what she had done with you.
Reply 14
At least you now have the opportunity to break up in person as opposed to over the phone or facebook or text. Don't give up that chance. Don't feel bad about her 11 hour train journey, she should feel bad for what she's done and it's time for her to face the consequences of her actions.

Time to be an adult now.
She cheated on her last boyfriend and she's slept with a guy in the first few days of uni (whilst in a relationship). Are you really going to be able to trust her after this? She clearly doesn't give a **** about how she makes the people she's with feel.

Don't feel bad because she's spent hours coming to see you, that hardly makes up for sleeping with other guys. Just talk to her when you see her. I know that I wouldn't be staying in a relationship with someone who's cheated more than once
You obviously deserve better. If she cheated with you on her previous boyfriend then you should have expected her to do the same to you. If I was you I'd move on and leave her, you don't need to be with someone like her and you deserve better. When she comes and see you just tell her straight it's over. She's only been in uni for a couple of days and already done this. If she was truly in love with you she wouldn't do this, I'm sorry but you deserve better. Best of luck mate.
She's probably done it more than that once.

Also, find out if she let him finish in her. Important detail to know because then you know whether she really felt bad or not
Sleep with her then break up with her and send her on her way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, dump her. It's for the best,

But you also really need to relax - you can't expect a girl to spend her second day at uni on facetime with you. That's just absurd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending