The Student Room Group

Chemistry!!HELP!!

I did this experiment

Stage 1: Accurately weigh 4.80 of copper(II) nitrate trihydrate, Cu(NO3)2.3H2O into a beaker and dissolve in 20cm3 deionised water. Slowly add 30cm3 of 2 mol dm-3 sodium hydroxide solution (NaOH), swirling your beaker continuously.

What is the balanced chemical equation?

Stage 2: Add a further 100-3 deionised water to the percipitate of copper(II) hydroxide in your beaker.

What was the purpose of adding 100-3 deionised water?

And finally, what could i do, if I was doing this reaction, to maximise the cost effectiveness of the reaction, since i found that this reaction is 63.35% in atom economy.
I did this experiment

Stage 1: Accurately weigh 4.80 of copper(II) nitrate trihydrate, Cu(NO3)2.3H2O into a beaker and dissolve in 20cm3 deionised water. Slowly add 30cm3 of 2 mol dm-3 sodium hydroxide solution (NaOH), swirling your beaker continuously.

Stage 2: Add a further 100-3 deionised water to the percipitate of copper(II) hydroxide in your beaker.

And finally, what could i do, if I was doing this reaction, to maximise the cost effectiveness of the reaction, since i found that this reaction is 63.35% in atom economy.
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
I did this experiment

Heya, I'm going to put this in the chemistry forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130
Reply 3
You have to show your attempts at solving the question to receive help. This is a forum policy.

Quick Reply

Latest