The Student Room Group

Hair Dressers Cheek

What on earth just happened?

I get my haircut once every 6 months so yeah im a haircut scrooge or just sensible.

I needed my wig chopped quick as i'm meeting someone tommorrow so it's monday and my normal one is shut and so are loads of others.

I remember this man trying to wave me in from inside his shop as i was looking at his price board saying "effing expensive"

Anyway now i know why he has to call them in.

So i ask him how much, he licks his lip with conentration, erh 14.50 i was like oh i only pay 7 pound.

he says okay 8 pound.

I sit down, and he starts saying "where do you live?" i say village, then he says where? i say somewhere. he then says oh i live there.

he then says "when's your birthday" i say some made up month, he says "oh when when" i say i'm not giving out personal information, oh he says it's only because i give away free hair cuts. he then says which hairdresser do you normally go to, oh him! i know him. he says "which hairdresser did you used to go before him" i cant remember he says "oh come on you can remember"

then he starts to shave my eyebrows, im like WTF! then when it's finished i give him a 10 pound note, he says "see you have more than 8 pound" expecting more money.

and then he says "dont forget to come again you get a free haircut for your birthday" and actually there's a sign outside his window saying free haircuts to male models. so why didnt he give me that.

FML

Scroll to see replies

Well maybe if you weren't being so miserable you wouldn't feel awkward.

I'm a makeup artist and there is nothing worse than clients who talk to you like you're a piece of ****. Giving out personal information? The man was just making conversation, grow up.

abd the free haircuts will be with trainees, at a time that suits them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
You are a very strange person OP.
Reply 3
Fml?

More like get a life. So what if he talked to you and it was a more expensive barbers.

Clearly not a male model so. Why would he give you anything free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did he start shaving your eyebrows? Why didn't you stop him? Why did you PAY if you weren't happy? WHY
Original post by Inazuma
Fml?

More like get a life. So what if he talked to you and it was a more expensive barbers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excuse me get a life? Not a model, you do realise it's not a beauty model and just anyone? this was a barber shop. you're not a model either clearly and well i won't say what you look like as i'm a good person. And how do you know that i'm not a model?

You're a sad little stuck up piece of whatever it is you are.

and by the way i have been to more expensive hair dressers where i got a shampoo and a tea but what the hell has that got to do with how much a normal quick trim is? So you're telling me the girl who has done my hair for 5 pound shouldn't be charging that? i'll go where it's cheap and has a good stylist, and if that works for me then so be it (i'll even fly down to london for 100 pound to get my haircut for 5 pound)
Do you know what that's called? it's called making an honest living obviously i won't fly down just for that but its about where the price is reasonable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I'm a makeup artist and there is nothing worse than clients who talk to you like you're a piece of ****. Giving out personal information? The man was just making conversation, grow up.

miserable? I asked for the price, he tries to rip me off by charging more than his list price of 8 pound for whatever cut it was on his board which looked confusing.
Original post by ilem
You are a very strange person OP.

Strange for saving money? no you're strange, you probably waste your money on iphones and wonder why you've got no money.

trainees? it was a dodgy guy who has no staff and he tries to get you inside and tries to steal me from my original hair dressers by telling me to come back here. Grow up? i think you should grow up you child? I never talked to anyone like crap. I'd rather spend my money in 3rd world countries like i do then giving it to horrible girls in the uk who talk to others like crap. and that is what i do. why because you're narrow minded and have no respect.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Why did he start shaving your eyebrows? Why didn't you stop him? Why did you PAY if you weren't happy? WHY

I did stop say something, he said i have long hairs. At least you have some common sense to say something sensible.
Reply 9
Original post by Flyingaround
Excuse me get a life? Not a model, you do realise it's not a beauty model and just anyone? this was a barber shop. you're not a model either clearly and well i won't say what you look like as i'm a good person. And how do you know that i'm not a model?

You're a sad little stuck up piece of whatever it is you are.

and by the way i have been to more expensive hair dressers where i got a shampoo and a tea but what the hell has that got to do with how much a normal quick trim is? So you're telling me the girl who has done my hair for 5 pound shouldn't be charging that? i'll go where it's cheap and has a good stylist, and if that works for me then so be it (i'll even fly down to london for 100 pound to get my haircut for 5 pound)
Do you know what that's called? it's called making an honest living obviously i won't fly down just for that but its about where the price is reasonable.

Because I've talked to you before on another account lol. I'm not assuming from your photo as you clearly are trying to from mine that are so small you can't see lol.

I just don't understand why you are making a big deal of him talking to you. And he lowered the price for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did stop say something, he said i have long hairs. At least you have some common sense to say something sensible.
Original post by Inazuma
Fml?

Posted from TSR Mobile

your personality is sickening

But still that's really weird, I would complain. Next time if you're not happy refuse to pay. Also always take a photo so you can prove it's not what you wanted.
But still that's really weird, I would complain. Next time if you're not happy refuse to pay. Also always take a photo so you can prove it's not what you wanted.

in a place like where i just went, you don't complain. He was so interested in where i actually lived and my birthdate and everything and is just one of those chav type hair dressers that you would not complain, i dont know how i even said that i wont give any more details out, i had to say it as nicely as possible, i mean i shouldn't have to feel like i need to make stuff up. No-one should be asking so many personal questions.
Original post by Inazuma
Because I've talked to you before on another account lol. I'm not assuming from your photo as you clearly are trying to from mine that are so small you can't see lol.

I just don't understand why you are making a big deal of him talking to you. And he lowered the price for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never talked to you before (i know as i dont talk to anyone on here). I thought you meant from my pictures, well ignore my posts then. I was nice to him. And yes i have a minimal life. I am going out tommorrow which is why i had my hair cut and normally i wouldnt have been bothered about the eyebrows but when i'm meeting a girl i dont want to look rough.
trainees? it was a dodgy guy who has no staff and he tries to get you inside and tries to steal me from my original hair dressers by telling me to come back here. Grow up? i think you should grow up you child? I never talked to anyone like crap. I'd rather spend my money in 3rd world countries like i do then giving it to horrible girls in the uk who talk to others like crap. and that is what i do. why because you're narrow minded and have no respect.

He's not trying to steal.

And for £8 your hair probably looks like someone cut round a bowl on your head lol
Original post by Inazuma
Fml?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The OP is not obligated to make small talk when he's paying for a haircut. Male barbers are not like female barbers they charge way less and they tend to be more ubiqutious since men get their hair cut more often and it also takes less resources to style male hair than a woman's hair.

With that said, I usually go into the barbers and just look at my own reflection, read a magazine or go on my phone. I don't like small talk.

I'm paying why should I humour the barber?
I've never talked to you before (i know as i dont talk to anyone on here). I thought you meant from my pictures, well ignore my posts then. I was nice to him. And yes i have a minimal life. I am going out tommorrow which is why i had my hair cut and normally i wouldnt have been bothered about the eyebrows but when i'm meeting a girl i dont want to look rough.

I'm almost certain it was you haha. And no I would not assume from your photos don't worry.
Also on the fact male models don't really appear on tsr too haha, hairdressers giving out good free cuts is rare.

The eyebrow thing is a bit strange, maybe he thought it was a good idea. Should've asked though.
Most hairdressers chat random stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marky Mark
The OP is not obligated to make small talk when he's paying for a haircut. Male barbers are not like female barbers they charge way less and they tend to be more ubiqutious since men get their hair cut more often and it also takes less resources to style male hair than a woman's hair.

With that said, I usually go into the barbers and just look at my own reflection, read a magazine or go on my phone. I don't like small talk.

I'm paying why should I humour the barber?

They try to chat in the same way that other people are paid to chat as part of say being a waiter etc- to get a tip, make people feel welcome etc.

If you don't want to I guess you could just say, whenever I have had a haircut I have a bit of chat and then it dies down.

They're not chatting to humour themselves- it's an attempt to humour you and it's more beneficial for then to try than not talk to anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's not trying to steal.

And for £8 your hair probably looks like someone cut round a bowl on your head lol

Actually it's quite common for men's haircuts to cost between £7-10 the reason behind it is a lot of foreigners open a barbers and they undercut (pun intended) each other.

Also I don't understand why you and the other users are having ago at the OP. Small talk isn't for everyone.
And how do you know that i'm not a model?

Soooo... are you a model?

Quick Reply

Latest