The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Reading Lists

I got the Induction Day info pack and all it said about the reading lists were just to check the module pages in Learn. I bought two books second hand already but just wondering if it would be ok to wait until lectures to start before getting the rest of them from the library?
Reply 1
I'm not sure what course you do: for instance if you do English it might be much more important to have certain texts than, say, engineering. The library has copies of all essential texts, with the exception of some English texts where everyone needs an individual copy. If something needs to be bought, you are informed beforehand.

Best bet is to say what your course is on here and ask past students what they needed/didn't need to buy or what they wish they had bought. You should be able to contact your department directly for official advice, as well.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
My course is Web Development. Sorry forgot to mention that! :smile:
Hi jc20

I'll get hold of someone in the department and get back to you.

Thanks
Vicky
Am I correct to assume that if I was not told directly to read or buy any specific piece of information before the course begins, that I won't have to before I get there?

I do ITMB and I'm unsure now.
Hi ThatNortherLad

Leave that one with me too and I'll find out.

Vicky
Hi jc20 and ThatNorthernLad

I've had a response from the department and they've said this:

"There are reading lists for some of the modules which you will be provided with when you start the course but there is no real need to obtain any books prior to your arrival. In addition, all our students are supported with a variety of online resources, while any key texts will be available in the University library."

Hope that helps you both.

Vicky
I was starting to think I had to read a load of books before the start of the course. :smile:

Thanks again for the reassurance
No problem :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi jc20 and ThatNorthernLad

I've had a response from the department and they've said this:

"There are reading lists for some of the modules which you will be provided with when you start the course but there is no real need to obtain any books prior to your arrival. In addition, all our students are supported with a variety of online resources, while any key texts will be available in the University library."

Hope that helps you both.

Vicky

Oh thank you so much! That definitely helped me and got rid of my worries. :smile:
Glad to help :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending