The Student Room Group

Sir Paul McCartney raps for Meat Free Monday...

Scroll to see replies

I have had my free meat day today. :biggrin: really I have not eaten anything what has to do with meat, but on the other hand vegetables instead. Is that bad?
Reply 61
We have a name for people that don't eat meat..

Women.
I thinkits its great (apart from the rap) My halls do it. It makes so much sense
I live with a vegetarian, and prefer not to eat too much meat anyway, so it's easy for me to be mostly meat-free. I don't feel guilty about having it occasionally, but I prefer to buy free-range, organic meat (which is easier if you're not having it every day!).

I don't see it as preaching (after all he's not saying everyone must be veggie or vegan!) but as raising the valid point that raising animals for meat takes more of the planet's dwindling resources than other food sources, and asking people to do their bit to reduce consumption.
Original post by Year11guy
We've evolved to eat meat and it would be somewhat difficult to stay healthy without meat. I know supplements and alternatives are available, but they're artificial so meat eating is natural.

Rubbish! My partner is veggie, takes no supplements, and only rarely eats 'meat alternatives' (like quorn etc) and is perfectly healthy. There are plenty of other sources of protein - mushrooms, beans etc.
Original post by Kallisto
I have had my free meat day today. :biggrin: really I have not eaten anything what has to do with meat, but on the other hand vegetables instead. Is that bad?

no it isn't. it's very good
Original post by howinteresting
no it isn't. it's very good

That is been a while that I have posted this. However there are still days in the week where I am not eating meat. Foods without meat has not to be bad in taste.
Reply 67
Sacrilege! Meat is yummy.
Reply 68

Don't you mean Faul McCartney?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending