The Student Room Group

Are women aware of and have they ever used dread game against their SO?

I'm well aware of men dread gaming gfs/wives but has this happened the other way around?

To clarify, 'dread game' is the PUA term for manipulation, specifically 'mind games'-think stonewalling (the cold shoulder), gas lighting, random withdrawal of affection, etc.

One of my favourites is how many people say "I love you" without meaning it
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What on earth is dread game?
Original post by Odd socks

Some bull**** from the red pill reddit.
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
Some bull**** from the red pill reddit.

it seems riku has been spending a lot of time over there. Well so much for that break from TSR.
Reply 4
Original post by Marky Mark
it seems riku has been spending a lot of time over there. Well so much for that break from TSR.

tbh Marky Mark your views on sexism are not the most balanced or progressive either, just the other way around
Wtf?
Reply 6

it's straight-up manipulation Odd. Nothing I've ever wanted to use on myself but my ex used on me a couple of times, intentionally or not...
Reply 7
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Wtf?

I have been learning about all the ways that people **** each other over in relationships, and I still have very little faith in entering one for several years. 'Dread Game' is essentially male emotional abuse/bad mind games against dates from the PUA community, but I want to know if women have used it too.
Original post by Riku
it's straight-up manipulation Odd. Nothing I've ever wanted to use on myself but my ex used on me a couple of times, intentionally or not...

so it's just a funny name some nerds made up for 'manipulation' lol.

Ye a lot of girls do that. I just write them off usually. Only ever played their game with one girl back in 6th form because she was a right bitch and deserved it lmao.
Reply 9
A Voice for Men seems to be the best MRM website out there, the most balanced that gets its ideology across without hating women RedPill style.
Reply 10
Original post by ChickenMadness
so it's just a funny name some nerds made up for 'manipulation' lol.

Ye a lot of girls do that. I just write them off usually. Only ever played their game with one girl back in 6th form because she was a right bitch and deserved it lmao.

Well, that's worrying, because I believe my mum dread gamed my dad, and if she can do it, anyone can :/
Original post by Riku
Well, that's worrying, because I believe my mum dread gamed my dad, and if she can do it, anyone can :/

ye women are people too lol. They usually have less sense of 'honour' as well I find.
Original post by Riku

Then why don't they just say manipulating instead of making up a dumb name for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye women are people too lol. They usually have less sense of 'honour' as well I find.

LOL
LOL

^classic example :wink:
People on TSR... LOL
Reply 16
Then why don't they just say manipulating instead of making up a dumb name for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

this ****ed up community uses a bunch of buzz words for uncomfortable truths

Original post by Riku
tbh Marky Mark your views on sexism are not the most balanced or progressive either, just the other way around

loooool

now kiss
Why do you have to use code words? No own will know what you're talking about. Whats SO?
Reply 19
Never heard of dread game, but both genders can manipulate.

Quick Reply

Latest