The Student Room Group

What's the weirdest Uni Society you've come across?

:cookie:

As title :yy:

Mine: Medieval Battle Re-enactment Society! :woo: (Although sounds awesome tbh. :biggrin:)

I feel like there's got to be something weirder than that, though...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:cookie:

As title :yy:

Mine: Medieval Battle Re-enactment Society! :woo: (Although sounds awesome tbh. :biggrin:)

i would luv to join that soceity, and reenact the battle of bosworth XD

The night time ninjas society was wierd though, they just wandered the streets at night in ninja costumes doing good deeds 0.0 like picking up thrash and etc
Birmingham probably wins: Fetish Society

"If anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see or do within the society ...."

:colone:
Original post by Deepregret38
The night time ninjas society was wierd though, they just wandered the streets at night in ninja costumes doing good deeds 0.0 like picking up thrash and etc

:ninja::ninjagirl: This sounds completely amazing. :lol: What uni was this?!

"If anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see or do within the society ...."

ooo kinky

One of my flatmates in first year was part of the Quidditch society. She was the golden snitch, so her job was basically to dress in yellow and run around making sure nobody 'caught' her. Kind of like playing tag at Primary school. They did a demonstration during Freshers fair and it was honestly so cringey, I felt really bad because most people were just laughing.
Original post by sr90
One of my flatmates in first year was part of the Quidditch society. She was the golden snitch, so her job was basically to dress in yellow and run around making sure nobody 'caught' her. Kind of like playing tag at Primary school. They did a demonstration during Freshers fair and it was honestly so cringey, I felt really bad because most people were just laughing.

I've heard of this who 'Quiddich' thing - I thought it was pretty popular! Do they have brooms as well?!

Sounds a little awkward though. :tongue:
The "assassins guild"?
Original post by Principia
The "assassins guild"?

That's a little worrying... :erm:
That's a little worrying... :erm:

All the members are given a list of targets and they have to attempt to "kill" them all.
All the members are given a list of targets and they have to attempt to "kill" them all.

Wait wait wait... is this like that game? What do you have to do to 'kill' them? There's videos of people 'assassinating' their lecturers and stuff; looks hilarious. :biggrin:
Wait wait wait... is this like that game? What do you have to do to 'kill' them? There's videos of people 'assassinating' their lecturers and stuff; looks hilarious. :biggrin:

Well anything really - drive-by shooting (with water), poisoning (with tabasco sauce), or long gun battles with nerfs across streams of traffic ...
Well anything really - drive-by shooting (with water), poisoning (with tabasco sauce), or long gun battles with nerfs across streams of traffic ...

This sounds AMAZING.
Reply 13
I went to an Open Day and they had a TinTin society - or was it a Where's Wally one?
I've heard of this who 'Quiddich' thing - I thought it was pretty popular! Do they have brooms as well?!

Sounds a little awkward though. :tongue:

Yes, yes we do have brooms. Like this: http://www.alivans.com/custom/cart/edit.asp?p=97662
Original post by Ndella
I went to an Open Day and they had a TinTin society - or was it a Where's Wally one?

Where's Wally :lol: Does someone have to dress up in a stripey shirt and hide places?
Original post by kittyb99
Yes, yes we do have brooms. Like this: http://www.alivans.com/custom/cart/edit.asp?p=97662

:eek:

You play Quiddich?!

What is your position?
:eek:

You play Quiddich?!

What is your position?

I do indeed. I'm a Chaser normally, but sometimes Keeper. It's so much fun!
Original post by kittyb99
I do indeed. I'm a Chaser normally, but sometimes Keeper. It's so much fun!

How do you successfully run around with a broom?

Has anyone been grievously injured as a result of running around with brooms?

There's a few universities with one of those. York, UEA, Kent and Liverpool, I believe, have them also!

Meanwhile, Sussex has a Nicholas Cage Appreciation Society...

Quick Reply

Latest