The Student Room Group

Hating University

I'm absolutely hating uni at the moment. Results day didn't go too well for me, I was predicted ABB and thought I was going to get it but I got DDD which was a huge shock. I got offered a place through clearing and just accepted without really thinking about it. I only did it because I've been wanting to move out for so long and I had to seize the opportunity. I've been here a week and its awful. I have nothing in common with my flatmates, they're so rude and cocky and I feel like such an outsider. If I'm in the kitchen with them I'll talk to them but they always respond like they don't want to talk to me. Its freshers week at the moment, I've been on some nights out but they were awful and people who I've never met kept saying I looked ugly and kept laughing at me, I felt so self concious and its made me not want to go out at all. My course has started and I don't like it at all. I'm not gelling with anyone and the course is not what I expected it to be. I feel so uncomfortable and I really think I've made a huge mistake and all I want to do drop out and re-take my a-levels so I can start a fresh next year :~(
If your going to drop out , do it now so you have more chance of not paying the remaining tuition fee( although this varies between university's) . Also , their is a chance you can enrol back to college this year as oppose to next .

As for accommodation cost , you'll have to speak to the relevant person.

Personally , I wouldn't settle for an unenjoyable degree at an unenjoyable university and pay £9,000 a year for it , just to be away from the parents -that would be foolish and irresponsible !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending