The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I now wish I hadn't shared my information and had 2 interviews-but il know if there's a next time not to!! Has anyone had a rejection yet? I know of one girl so far!!x
It's my second interview. Had my first during my A levels but only got onto the reserve list. Studied my insurance choice of Social Policy and Sociology for 3 years, applied for Social Work last year but didn't even get as far as the interview. It's a competitive field. If you get in congratulations, but if not, perseverance is key lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cfearon149
It's my second interview. Had my first during my A levels but only got onto the reserve list. Studied my insurance choice of Social Policy and Sociology for 3 years, applied for Social Work last year but didn't even get as far as the interview. It's a competitive field. If you get in congratulations, but if not, perseverance is key lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for getting on the reserve list after a levels!! How come you didn't get an interview last year if you dont mind me asking? I almost didn't apply at all this year as I recently had a baby so was gonna leave it til next year so if I get a spot it will be a bonus!!!x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nicoh88
Well done for getting on the reserve list after a levels!! How come you didn't get an interview last year if you dont mind me asking? I almost didn't apply at all this year as I recently had a baby so was gonna leave it til next year so if I get a spot it will be a bonus!!!x

I have no idea, the feedback isn't the best. However I assume my 600 word essay wasn't good enough for one reason or another. All we can do now is wait :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nicoh when did the girl get rejected was it after interview. This is my second time applying to. Congrats on your wee baby, im a mum of three myself... Your ritr cfearon all we can do is wait...

Bernie xx
Original post by Bernie..
Nicoh when did the girl get rejected was it after interview. This is my second time applying to. Congrats on your wee baby, im a mum of three myself... Your ritr cfearon all we can do is wait...

Bernie xx

She had her interview last Tuesday and found out on Monday!! :frown: thanks,I also have a 4 year old!! So it's hard juggling the kids and the QUB access course...is anyone else doing it?! Dunno how I would do it if I wasn't on maternity leave at the minute x
I was the same when I done my hnd I had a two year old and a newborn at the time. Now my kiddies are 10, 8 and 2. Its tough but you wil get there. Xx
Reply 247
how many questions did you guys roughly get asked?
Reply 248
I think everyone got asked the same 3 from each interviewer? But not too sure! Fingers crossed for us guys, its so nerve wracking!! But we got to our interview stage and that's hard to do so we gotta be proud of ourselves for that :biggrin:
Reply 249
Do you get one Sceanrio or a few?
There is two interviewers and they ask three questions each. They also ask a warm up question but your not maked on that, I got asked one scearnio question. I agree with mmq we should be proud of ourselves x
I dont think all applicants got asked the same set of questions.... A girl I know got asked things I didnt!! Yes 1 scenario xx
Original post by Nicoh88
I dont think all applicants got asked the same set of questions.... A girl I know got asked things I didnt!! Yes 1 scenario xx

Yes that has been my experience too the questions are different for each person so no point asking anyone what they are lol
I think they are asking different ones to x
I would say there's maybe 2/3 different sets and they choose a sheet at random for each candidate 👍
Yeah they probably do nicoh. X
I'm glad they have mixed them up, would be unfair if they were posted online and others had an unfair advantage.
Yeah waveydavey I agree, that's probably why they have mixed them up x
Reply 258
Agree with all the comments haha, after speaking to a few people who have had their interviews, everyone had different questions and scenarios:smile:

Days are ticking away guys, fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Bernie..
Yeah waveydavey I agree, that's probably why they have mixed them up x

Yes I absolutely agree 👍 the notes we get with the letter pretty much tell us what the questions are anyways!!! I do feel I prepared pretty well so hopefully that was evident!!! 😀

Quick Reply

Latest