The Student Room Group

What do i do?

I have recently started at University, there's this guy there who I have became rather close to, we slept with each other.

He told me I am attractive but he said the second I open my mouth all that attractiveness goes out of the window. He said he doesn't like Northern accents and they are a huge turn off for him and that's why he can't let it go any further.

I was also told by one of my flatmates that he said he couldn't take me home to his Mother because of my accent, she would be horrified. Not that I wanted to meet his Mother anyways.

I have never heard of anything like this in my life, I can't really believe it.

I'm only from Preston, not mars.

I want to get him back for making me look like a fool, he's made me feel like a complete idiot. Maybe the accent thing is an excuse? :confused:

Would an accent be a deal breaker for anyone on here? I'm confused and rather upset about it. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have recently started at University, there's this guy there who I have became rather close to, we slept with each other.

He told me I am attractive but he said the second I open my mouth all that attractiveness goes out of the window. He said he doesn't like Northern accents and they are a huge turn off for him and that's why he can't let it go any further.

I was also told by one of my flatmates that he said he couldn't take me home to his Mother because of my accent, she would be horrified. Not that I wanted to meet his Mother anyways.

I have never heard of anything like this in my life, I can't really believe it.

I'm only from Preston, not mars.

I want to get him back for making me look like a fool, he's made me feel like a complete idiot. Maybe the accent thing is an excuse? :confused:

Would an accent be a deal breaker for anyone on here? I'm confused and rather upset about it. :frown:

No, don't worry. He said your attractive. Write a letter or email if he doesn't like to listen to you. Ask him does he love you or what you can do in order to make it better for his sake..Well he just said attractive so I think he just was friendly.
Sex ASAP ! Haha pumping it up eh? ..what uni is this at, if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ditch the guy, he's an idiot.
People should love everything about you, not some certain parts that they find particularly attractive.
Reply 4
He doesn't suit you I guess..but try seducing maybe?
OP not all of us southerners are that shallow. Plenty of popular northerners on our side of the pitch :smile: There are loads of people from Liverpool and Leeds in particular in my home area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending