The Student Room Group

UCAS Mistake, can I ask for my application returned to me at this stage?

Hello, my UCAS application got 'approved' 35 minutes ago by my school. The reference is still in progress and it has therefore not been sent to my university choices. I haven't entered my future A2 modules and set them to pending, I have just entered the qualification as a whole as pending.

Can I still request it to be returned to me?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I've just realised I have done the same thing!
Reply 2
Original post by 08vihe
I've just realised I have done the same thing!

I'm really not sure if we have to put them in :/
Reply 3
Original post by Alex347_
I'm really not sure if we have to put them in :/

It'll be ok though, can't your sixth form/college change it when they review it? Thats what it said in my confirmation email from UCAS. :-)
Reply 4
Original post by 08vihe
It'll be ok though, can't your sixth form/college change it when they review it? Thats what it said in my confirmation email from UCAS. :-)

they have already reviewed it and clearly haven't realised. I'm confused as to whether or not doing this is even necessary.
Reply 5
Have you told the school about this?
Reply 6
Original post by Sataris
Have you told the school about this?

No, because my form was 'approved' and sent to my referee at just 16:35pm today.
Reply 7
Panic over people. It can still be 'unnaproved' at this stage and sent back to me. Just checked the UCAS website. Thank you all for your help.
If it hasn't been sent to UCAS then its up to you to sort it out before finally send it to UCAS. This is YOUR responsibility not that of your school.

Once you have sent it to UCAS you have 7 days to change your mind about choices - but you cannot change anything about your reference or PS at that stage.

So, a warning to everyone, think VERY carefully before you push that final Go button.

You have up to the deadline to send your application. There is no advantage (no there isn't) in sending it early for the sake of it. This is about your future, not 'first one to get an Offer is the winner'.
Reply 9
Panic over people. It can still be 'unnaproved' at this stage and sent back to me. Just checked the UCAS website. Thank you all for your help.

Glad you got it sorted, and I'm also glad you posted this because I sent mine to the school unnecessarily and it seems to be balanced on a knife edge of incompetent staff at the moment :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Sataris
Glad you got it sorted, and I'm also glad you posted this because I sent mine to the school unnecessarily and it seems to be balanced on a knife edge of incompetent staff at the moment :tongue:

Haha, I know I was the one who made the mistake but if they had truly looked at it to approve it, they should have seen that I hadn't listed any A2 modules. Annoying. Where you applying to out of interest?
Hello, my UCAS application got 'approved' 35 minutes ago by my school. The reference is still in progress and it has therefore not been sent to my university choices. I haven't entered my future A2 modules and set them to pending, I have just entered the qualification as a whole as pending.

Can I still request it to be returned to me?!
Hey, I think you should be able to get it back and sort it out. This sounds so stupid but what do you mean by this? So in my UCAS form I put my AS grades under the AS section and then put the A2 in and then put that as pending- are we supposed to enter the A2 modules in the sections and put those as pending? Because I haven't declared module grades on my form.
Reply 12
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Hey, I think you should be able to get it back and sort it out. This sounds so stupid but what do you mean by this? So in my UCAS form I put my AS grades under the AS section and then put the A2 in and then put that as pending- are we supposed to enter the A2 modules in the sections and put those as pending? Because I haven't declared module grades on my form.

Your question is the same as mine lol, I'm not sure if we're expected to do it or not. I originally thought no and sent it, but some advice seems to say that you need to. So I am going to have my application sent back to me and put them in anyway.
Haha, I know I was the one who made the mistake but if they had truly looked at it to approve it, they should have seen that I hadn't listed any A2 modules. Annoying. Where you applying to out of interest?

Oxford, Durham, Bath, Surrey and Exeter :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Sataris
Oxford, Durham, Bath, Surrey and Exeter :smile:

Oh awesome, I'm also applying to Durham. All of my options are in the north, because well... That's where I am :P
Oh awesome, I'm also applying to Durham. All of my options are in the north, because well... That's where I am :P

Heh, I'm pretty much as south as you can go without being international, so I tried to keep it pretty southern :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by returnmigrant
If it hasn't been sent to UCAS then its up to you to sort it out before finally send it to UCAS. This is YOUR responsibility not that of your school.

Once you have sent it to UCAS you have 7 days to change your mind about choices - but you cannot change anything about your reference or PS at that stage.

So, a warning to everyone, think VERY carefully before you push that final Go button.

You have up to the deadline to send your application. There is no advantage (no there isn't) in sending it early for the sake of it. This is about your future, not 'first one to get an Offer is the winner'.

You provided very generic feedback, and after I had already realised the answer for myself. You are the weakest link, goodbye.
Reply 17

Im applying to Durham too! :smile: I live in the South too and most of my uni choices are in the North! Leeds, Lancaster, York. :s-smilie: Going to have to get used to being without my family :cool:
Reply 18
Original post by 08vihe
Im applying to Durham too! :smile: I live in the South too and most of my uni choices are in the North! Leeds, Lancaster, York. :s-smilie: Going to have to get used to being without my family :cool:

Haha I'm applying to Durham, Lancaster and Leeds, might end up together at one of them, aha.
Reply 19
Haha I'm applying to Durham, Lancaster and Leeds, might end up together at one of them, aha.

Hahaha, you never know!:wink: Good luck with your application!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending