The Student Room Group

Help with subject

So I was going to pick Math, History, Business and Media for my A-levels, however I couldn't find any sixth from that provide these A-levels in my local. I finally found one sixth form which have these A-levels, but I did't get in when I applied there. During result day I tried again and got it, but they told me History was full and I had to find another a-level to do. I thought some people are going to drop it anyway and didn't bother looking elsewhere... I joined and try to change it but is still full... So now I am really scare, I heard that some good uni only want people that are doing two or more 'hard' a-levels, but the subjects I am doing now, Math, Bsuiness, Media and Computing, 3 of them are 'sfot' a-levels... So here are some question I want to ask...

1. Can i do history a-level next years after my AS?

2. Do Chinese A-level count as a 'hard' a-level? (BTW i am Chinese)

P.S. I am not going to change sixth form, as this sixth form is the best out of all the other sixth form in my local.
Original post by mshends123
So I was going to pick Math, History, Business and Media for my A-levels, however I couldn't find any sixth from that provide these A-levels in my local. I finally found one sixth form which have these A-levels, but I did't get in when I applied there. During result day I tried again and got it, but they told me History was full and I had to find another a-level to do. I thought some people are going to drop it anyway and didn't bother looking elsewhere... I joined and try to change it but is still full... So now I am really scare, I heard that some good uni only want people that are doing two or more 'hard' a-levels, but the subjects I am doing now, Math, Bsuiness, Media and Computing, 3 of them are 'sfot' a-levels... So here are some question I want to ask...

1. Can i do history a-level next years after my AS?

2. Do Chinese A-level count as a 'hard' a-level? (BTW i am Chinese)

P.S. I am not going to change sixth form, as this sixth form is the best out of all the other sixth form in my local.

Firstly, Maths is not a 'soft' a level, and depending on what you would like to do at uni, then those courses could be good. Doing History A level and AS level in one year would be difficult, especially with your other subjects, and so I personally would advise against it.

Not sure how hard Chinese A level is, but applying for places it would look good if you had a language, however, if it is clear you are Chinese then they may question a little about that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending