The Student Room Group

Uni course help?

Hi, I want to study climate change when I'm older however am unsure what university course to take, help?
Reply 1
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Hi, I want to study climate change when I'm older however am unsure what university course to take, help?

Dont you want to study climate change right now?
Original post by josh_v
Dont you want to study climate change right now?

I'm 16, just started my a levels so I have a while before I'll be working. :smile: But this is absolutely I want to do so am looking for universities with the appropriate courses so I know what to aim for.
You probably want to be looking at Environmental Sciences courses.

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head.
Original post by Iridann
You probably want to be looking at Environmental Sciences courses.

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head.

Okay thanks :biggrin:

Geography, maybe? :biggrin:
First thing that springs to my mind when I see 'climate change.' Or maybe a course in Environmental Sciences, or something similar to that :smile:
Original post by KittKatt
Geography, maybe? :biggrin:
First thing that springs to my mind when I see 'climate change.' Or maybe a course in Environmental Sciences, or something similar to that :smile:

For AS level I am doing both those and biology and chemistry :colondollar: I really enjoy those subjects so I'll be really happy if they are!
For AS level I am doing both those and biology and chemistry :colondollar: I really enjoy those subjects so I'll be really happy if they are!

Oh, really? That's really cool!! Yeah, that's a really nice AS course you're doing! They all fit pretty well together :smile:
Good luck with them :h:

It depends on what angle you want to study climate change from - it's a massive subject. If you're interested in the actual dynamics of the climate, Physics or Geophysics would probably be the best path to take. For most other aspects, I think a Geology or Earth Sciences degree would be the best route. I wouldn't recommend studying Environmental Science because I'm not sure if it's the best path to get into research - you'd be better off doing a broader Geology or Physics based course.

But as others have said, you don't need to wait for university to start studying it! There are lots of really good books that you should be able to get through. I'd recommend "The Two-Mile Time Machine" as a good starting point.
Reply 9
Earth science, environmental science or geography are probably your best bet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LSD
Earth science, environmental science or geography are probably your best bet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending