The Student Room Group

A girl slept in my bed. Does she like me?

So I've just started Uni and I have known this girl for about a week in my halls.

One night we go out for drinks with friends, we get tipsy but not drunk and when we get back late she gets into my bed and says I can sleep next to her, we slept side by side and nothing happened (No cuddling or anything).

So the next night we do the same (but a bit less to drink) and the same thing happens, only mid way through the night, she cuddles up to me.

Last night we hadn't had anything to drink, we were in my room and she makes some silly excuse not to go back to her room and gets into my bed, We snuggle up and fall asleep together.

This may seems like a silly question at this point but does she like me?. The reason I am asking is because the same thing happened between two other people in my halls (Two nights in the same bed, spooning and all (Of which there has been non between me and this girl)) and apparently that means nothing (according to another flatmate of mine). Nothing has happened between them since.

So, what does this mean and what should I do?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I think she likes you. Although the best way to find out is to ask her I suppose? or just see where it goes and what happens, what's the rush?.

Even if she doesn't like you in that way it's still pretty nice having a spoon.

I wouldn't spoon someone who I didn't like.
Reply 2
Original post by Reeeeyah
I think she likes you. Although the best way to find out is to ask her I suppose? or just see where it goes and what happens, what's the rush?.

Even if she doesn't like you in that way it's still pretty nice having a spoon.

I wouldn't spoon someone who I didn't like.

Okay thanks, I'm kind of new to adult relationships.
I'll see how things go.
Probably. I had a friend who I liked who did the same thing. Nothing happened and we're still cool now.
She's probably after something. If not, you'd think she'd at least heavily hint that she wasn't. Not certainly, some girls just love the company, I've had a female friend who was always cuddling me, people were certain something was going on, but it was all Platonic.

Either way, she clearly doesn't see you as a possible physical threat, so that's something.
Reply 5
Best thing to do is test the sexual tension between you two when you are in bed, if she is defensive and stops you clearly you will have your answer. If she just wants to be friends with you I am sure she will let you know. This is why there are so many guys asking for advice on how to approach women on TSR they have not got the courage to initiate anything in a relationship perhaps because like you they are not naturals and have a great fear of embarrassment and rejection, like it or not most women do like guys with the confidence to move a relationship forward, some won't even give you a second chance if you fail on first impressions.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I've just started Uni and I have known this girl for about a week in my halls.

One night we go out for drinks with friends, we get tipsy but not drunk and when we get back late she gets into my bed and says I can sleep next to her, we slept side by side and nothing happened (No cuddling or anything).

So the next night we do the same (but a bit less to drink) and the same thing happens, only mid way through the night, she cuddles up to me.

Last night we hadn't had anything to drink, we were in my room and she makes some silly excuse not to go back to her room and gets into my bed, We snuggle up and fall asleep together.

This may seems like a silly question at this point but does she like me?. The reason I am asking is because the same thing happened between two other people in my halls (Two nights in the same bed, spooning and all (Of which there has been non between me and this girl)) and apparently that means nothing (according to another flatmate of mine). Nothing has happened between them since.

Thanks

No.

Wait.

What?

She gets into your bed and then tells you that you can sleep next to her?

You have just been so utterly destroyed that I'm not even sure there's a word, phrase or picture on planet Earth for it.

Maybe in Star Wars or something when the Death Star gets blown up.
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks

I'd be careful here mate, she'll have you wrapped around her thumb in no time if you carry on like this.

You need to be in control, because at the moment she is.
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
I'd be careful here mate, she'll have you wrapped around her thumb in no time if you carry on like this.

You need to be in control, because at the moment she is.

what are you talking about? no-one controls anyone, and why would it make it better if he was controlling? WTF!
Original post by Flyingaround
what are you talking about? no-one controls anyone, and why would it make it better if he was controlling? WTF!

r u dumb fam? I'm not saying 'controlling' I'm saying IN CONTROL which is different bruh ...
Reply 11

I think he means the op needs to be in control of himself, not letting her rule him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I think he means the op needs to be in control of himself, not letting her rule him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fookin duh lol!
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
r u dumb fam? I'm not saying 'controlling' I'm saying IN CONTROL which is different bruh ...

if you feel you need to be in control then it's not worth having any relationship with.
Reply 14
It seems pretty clear cut that she likes you. Or else you're so deep in the friendzone I've never seen that far in before.

Next time she goes to cuddle up with you, hold her gaze for a while, and if she holds it back, kiss her.
Reply 15
She definitely likes you. Next time whip it out if you know what I mean..
no joke - this is how my marriage started.

my wife, back then did the exact same thing, stayed in my bed just as friends, gave some rubbish about how she likes to share beds with friends/it was normal when she grew up, next night moved into cuddling.. after a week we were together.. after a year we were married.. after a while we now live together in a lovely flat, and have a very nice life :smile:

- yes. she likes you. now man up and make your move.
Bro if she's your flatmate I wouldn't start anything with her to be perfectly honest .

Unless its consensual fwb.

YOU DO NOT want the drama and **** that comes with sleeping with your flatmate .
She's begging you to do something about it. Girls will not generally initiate sex or kissing, she'll sleep in your bed until she judges that you're not going to do anything, and then she'll go cold. Even if she's inexperienced (i.e. university fresher) I think the next time this happens is make or break, she's given you plenty of chances.

If you literally live in the same flat don't sleep together. But if it's just the same building or halls, go for it.
if you feel you need to be in control then it's not worth having any relationship with.

I said nothing about being in control of the entire relationship ... I was merely asserting that a man who succumbs to what the women wants 100% of the time is a wimp ... I was recommending OP to taking his manhood back before he gets whipped.

If you choose to be a girl's little bitch then, each to their own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending