The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Food....

Is anyone else being packed off with loads of food?! I've got a big box full of tinned tuna, and rice pudding(???) and other random stuff like instant cous cous(!!?!???) which my mum said i would eat when i was 'starving'. anyway just wondered if anyone else is actually taking loads of food n stuff with them or if i will arrive and look like a piggy?!!?
Reply 1
my mum keeps on telling me 'well when you're starving you can do this' she's obsessed with making sure i'll be able to eat. I'm sure in a big town like manchesrer I'll always be able to get food if i need it.

I'm sure lots of people will bring lots of food, just don't overdo it because of space issues :P.

I'm thinking that I should go out and get the basics now because I can imagine lots of basic things will run out once all the students rush to all the supermarkets. So you'll probably be laughing when you're got plenty to eat and everyone else can't find anything available in supermarkets.

instant cous cous is nice, cous cous is well easy to make, just pour it into a bowl, fill with boiling kettle water until the water is just above the cous cous, let is swell, then add a bit more boiling water if it still tastes a bit hard. then mix and eat.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm bringing 8p asda super noodles... :p:

So yeah, I'm doing it too.
good good! well i suppose if i have loads of food and other people don't then everyone will want to be my friend!!!:biggrin:
Reply 4
PinKxTinKerBeLL
good good! well i suppose if i have loads of food and other people don't then everyone will want to be my friend!!!:biggrin:

That is unless you have Marmite. No friend of mine eats that filth.
no no... there is definitely no marmite!!!!ewwww!
Reply 6
My mums packing me off with nothing but pasta, tuna, noodles, curry, chopped tomatoes?, pasta sauce, more pasta, instant pasta, loads of cleaning stuff, more pasta.

The amount of pasta im going to have ill have enough carbs to last me till xmas.
Reply 7
I'm thinking pasta too. I bought a cullendar especially for all the pasta im gonna eat.
Reply 8
I'm hoping to open an italian restaurant/sushi bar with the amount of pasta and tuna my mum's given me.. Ive got a huge plastic box filled with soup, beans, persil tablets - absolutely everything, should last me 3years not a couple of months!!

Latest

Trending

Trending