The Student Room Group

Unsure of where to apply - help?

Hey there,

I'm in year 13 and currently hoping to apply to study Psychology at university. As far as I'm aware from my teachers, I'm going to be predicted A*AC for my A-Levels (the A* is in Psychology). I'm pleased with my predicted grades, but I'm quite unsure as to where to apply because of the C prediction (which is in Art) as I feel as if it does limit me from applying to particular universities.

I have been considering universities that ask for ABB in their psychology courses as my optimistic choice(s) (especially Liverpool since I really like the look of it and its close by), however I am wondering if there are universities who consider grade equivalents (e.g. AAC would be seen as equivalent to ABB)? I'm aware that there will be universities who do not consider this. I have also contacted Liverpool to see whether they would still consider giving me an offer despite the C grade.

In addition to this, should I still apply to BBB universities since I technically don't meet the grade requirements with my C prediction?

If anyone could offer some advice as to what universities would be good for me to consider for Psychology with my predicted grades or just any general advice about my situation, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you :smile:
Apply for uni's that offer a UCAS points offer

Like Lincoln, pretty good in the league tables for psychology, I visited on the open day and loved it, I think the offer is like 320, it excludes general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Apply for uni's that offer a UCAS points offer

Like Lincoln, pretty good in the league tables for psychology, I visited on the open day and loved it, I think the offer is like 320, it excludes general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am looking into universities that ask for UCAS points as a part of my choices ^^ Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll have to check out Lincoln!
Original post by TheFinalFlare
Yeah, I am looking into universities that ask for UCAS points as a part of my choices ^^ Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll have to check out Lincoln!

I loved it on the open day! If you have any questions, like if you want to know about the uni from a non biased view, just let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest