The Student Room Group

GIRLS NEED TO JUST APPROACH GUYS... all problems solved?

GIRLS JUST NEED TO APPROACH GUYS.

PROBLEM SOLVED AND THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER EQUAL PLACE.

Just go up to them and say Hi. Seriously just say hi. If he likes you he is going to talk to you immediately as well as be saying a silent thank you prayer to the universe.

I agree there are nice and confident guys out there.. but it takes time for them to build confidence.

There are far more arrogant and cocky not nice guys out there who might come up and talk to you.

You might be lucky enough to walk into the bar and the nice guy has built up his confidence over some years experience. But he might still be a novice. If this were 5 years later, he would do it. For now, he's still psyching himself up, by which time the cocky guy walked over. He then leaves.. and you dismiss the cocky guy.

Both the nice girl and nice guy lose out.

Why take that chance?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sure this goes against the Girl Code...
Reply 2
Respect, and yes.

Failing that, girls and guys both need to have Barney style wingmen/wingwoman with them to make the introduction.
Nah call me old fashioned if a guy likes the girl he should approach the her if he likes her enough instead of the staring at her or whatever. Just say hi whats the worst that could happen.
Reply 4
Yh that sounds fair but if girls talk to a guy she likes, he will be able to tell she likes him and if he is not a "good guy" then he is going to play around with her and visa versa ...
1. Some girls do

2. Unless you are really handsome, why would a girl "approach" you?

3. What makes a guy who is arrogant bad? You can be arrogant but loyal, just as you can be a pussy who has no loyalty.
Original post by yo radical one
1. Some girls do

3. What makes a guy who is arrogant bad? You can be arrogant but loyal, just as you can be a pussy who has no loyalty.

I don't believe arrogant and pussy are opposite. Moreover they are definitely not contradictory.
Reply 7
Original post by JerzyDudek
I don't believe arrogant and pussy are opposite. Moreover they are definitely not contradictory.

Those are extremes though.

Some good guys might get cocky out of nervousness and some good guys are confident enough at the right time.

The arrogant ones are pussies in reality. They're just a waste of space.
Reply 8
Original post by yo radical one
1. Some girls do

3. Arrogance is a bad quality though. Being confident and arrogant are different things. Arrogance is evil like really evil. It comes from looking down on others. Confidence is good, it comes from wanting to meet people and talk to them, not show off or just get something from someone like an arrogant person.

2. That's a bit bad tbh. Guys and girls should talk regardless of looks!! But if you are attracted to each other, whether it be physical or otherwise, guys tend to get nervous approaching a girl. Just saying, it's nice to be traditional, but I think it's fine if girls approach guys and it would make the dating game simpler and more equal if the approach could be by anyone.
Meh, my friend is a confident lass and she approaches guys all the time. Most of them still end up being that cocky type that you described though. Me? I wouldn't dream of approaching a guy in a bar, the thought horrifies me! People who have the confidence to do that have my respect, I wish I could :lol:
I do admit, the guys that approach in bars are always overly cocky, which is an immediate turn off.

Approaching people is a bit scary though, I mean your putting yourself out there. I tend to smile at the guy first, and from there you can tell if there's interest.
So many guys online seem to follow the line of "I can't approach girls, therefore girls need to change". Take some responsibility, get out there and get approaching. Most girls don't have the problem of not being approached- you do. And making bitchy generalisations about guys who get girls doesn't help either.
Reply 12
Original post by BaffledPenguin
Meh, my friend is a confident lass and she approaches guys all the time. Most of them still end up being that cocky type that you described though. Me? I wouldn't dream of approaching a guy in a bar, the thought horrifies me! People who have the confidence to do that have my respect, I wish I could :lol:

Yeah the thought scares guys too haha! Likewise those with that confidence have my respect!

Original post by TolerantBeing
I do admit, the guys that approach in bars are always overly cocky, which is an immediate turn off.

Approaching people is a bit scary though, I mean your putting yourself out there. I tend to smile at the guy first, and from there you can tell if there's interest.

Approaching someone is quite scary, maybe it's different in the US (at least in the sitcoms), but over time confidence builds up. That first look is the sign, when you both smile at each other.
Original post by TolerantBeing

Yep I'm scared to approach especially in a loud bar. Just wish there was a little less pressure for the guy to make the move though.

Agreed with you, as a girl I would like the confident nice guys to approach me, not the cocky nutcases who think they're god. I also wish I had the confidence to approach guys and for it not to be scare them!
Yeah, i think there is too much pressure on a guy to approach, sounds easy but if there's an uber hot girl giving you the eye all tarted up and all you cant blame the guy for bricking it. Plus if the guy doesnt go up to the girl they take it badly even though its not by any means a rejection of them. The girl generally stands there with a more and more pissy look on her face that makes it even harder to approach her.

Thinking of a way round this maybe we can have a card system like someone came up with on the apprentice but for children a few years back now. Each can hold up a card red for no, green for go :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Stewie2011
Yeah, i think there is too much pressure on a guy to approach, sounds easy but if there's an uber hot girl giving you the eye all tarted up and all you cant blame the guy for bricking it. Plus if the guy doesnt go up to the girl they take it badly even though its not by any means a rejection of them. The girl generally stands there with a more and more pissy look on her face that makes it even harder to approach her.

Thinking of a way round this maybe we can have a card system like someone came up with on the apprentice but for children a few years back now. Each can hold up a card red for no, green for go :smile:

Failing that, every bar needs to have WINGMEN AND WINGWOMEN to match up people.

Agreed, guys need to be more confident (myself included), but girls please feel free to come and talk to us even if you have given us the eye contact interest look!!!
Original post by Enoxial
I'm sure this goes against the Girl Code...

Yeah that would be about right, it seems that most women do this and its kind of irritating. I mean why not approach the guy your interested in and be happy rather than subscribe to the idiocy of standing there and not getting what they want. Then ending up with some guy they are not that into just because he asked her, just a recipe for unhappyness I think for all concerned.
Reply 17
Original post by Stewie2011
Yeah that would be about right, it seems that most women do this and its kind of irritating. I mean why not approach the guy your interested in and be happy rather than subscribe to the idiocy of standing there and not getting what they want. Then ending up with some guy they are not that into just because he asked her, just a recipe for unhappyness I think for all concerned.

Yep, happiness and history are changed forever owing to that one small act of not walking across the room...
waahwaahhhh
It's hard, but if you are in a bar and pretty smashed it gets easier :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending