The Student Room Group

Premature gray hair

Hi all, im a 19 year old non-drinker non-smoker female.As i was trimming my hair today i noticed a white strand, there's only one as far as i know.I have to say i got very upset since i love my natural hair color very much.I was wondering if i could save my hair? :frown: :frown: Also my brother had gray hair when he was about 19-20 but i think it's related to stress more than genetics.I also heard that it might occur due to vitamin b12 deficiency. Since im underweight, i thought it might be reasonable. What can i do about it? Do you think it's reversible? Please help me :frown:
Relax, one white strand doesn't mean you're going to immidiately get more. This is normal!
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Relax, one white strand doesn't mean you're going to immidiately get more. This is normal!

But it means something's wrong :frown: I'm so freaked out :biggrin:
Original post by geneticist
But it means something's wrong :frown: I'm so freaked out :biggrin:

No it doesn't, its normal to get the odd white/grey hair throughout your adult life. It doesn't mean the rest will follow. It will probably be years before you start to go properly grey.

And even if you do go fully grey prematurely, as happens to some people, it doesn't means anything's wrong, it just means you have less pigment than a lot of other people. It has no bearing on your overall health.
Be careful, don't stress about grey hair. Grey hair spreads like wild fire on the head.
I know kids who've had a few grey hairs . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by soulsurvivor
Be careful, don't stress about grey hair. Grey hair spreads like wild fire on the head.

I'm trying not to think about it, also i noticed that many of my friends have at least one white strand so im kind of relieved :biggrin:

Original post by Edminzodo
I know kids who've had a few grey hairs . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, but it's still unnatural and sad :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest