The Student Room Group

Using tinder "with the boys"

I've recently got into a relationship with a guy who I met on tinder and it's going really well. We have agreed to be exclusive and he makes me feel like the happiest girl ever (cringe).

The other day we were out and his phone went off and I looked and it was a tinder girl messaging him on the app....as you can imagine I was really annoyed. He told me that when he goes out with the boys they load up tinder to see how many matches they get but because he's with me he doesn't message them.....and i wonder does that sound believable?

He offered to delete it but said the boys won't like it if he does as it's just "banter" but it really hurt me that he didn't....

Do you think he's using it to get other girls or does the whole lads using tinder to get matches thing sound true? :frown:
I don't really understand why he'd still use the app now he's in a relationship, 'banter' or not. Maybe ask him how he'd feel if you still used it?

To me it sort of sounds like bullsh*t ('the boys won't like it', seriously) but that's just my personal opinion.
Original post by carlaraptor
I don't really understand why he'd still use the app now he's in a relationship, 'banter' or not. Maybe ask him how he'd feel if you still used it?

To me it sort of sounds like bullsh*t ('the boys won't like it', seriously) but that's just my personal opinion.

Yep, total BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I call bs.
Reply 4
Sounds like he's playing you. Being exclusive should mean he should delete the app and be only txting you. He should grow some balls and tell his friends he doesnt need the app as he's got a gf...seems really silly if you believe its "banter".
Played like a fiddle.

Even if he was being honest (which is highly unlikely) why would he chose his friends being upset if he deletes it over you being upset? Clearly doesn't give a **** about you.
lel I don't think it's BS. Ask to check his phone and see if he's been messaging any of them.

It's probably just bragging rights with the friends + they probably troll girls on tinder for laughs.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lel I don't think it's BS. Ask to check his phone and see if he's been messaging any of them.

It's probably just bragging rights with the friends + they probably troll girls on tinder for laughs.

Is that what you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carlaraptor

Nah I think it's true groups of boy mates always seem to get annoyed when they're mostly single and one guy is in a relationship. Means they cant go on pussy patrol holidays etc lol and if the guy really likes the girl he is with they will take the piss a lot. I've observed that a lot. It's really silly but it's just one of those dynamics that happens in guy groups :rolleyes:

Original post by ChickenMadness

Oh yeah, great idea, then he'll think she trusts him ... lol. :P

OP, I think if he offered to delete the app there and then he is being pretty genuine. If you wanted him to delete it you should have told him to really. Did you tell him to delete and he refused straight out with the 'boys' excuse? If he did refuse straight out I would see how it goes, and treat him with a little caution, don't go in blind-eyed. He has given you reason to mistrust him if he wouldn't delete when asked. If you backed out and made out like it wasnt that big a deal, sorry to say that's poor communication and it isn't really his fault if he didn't delete it. If something's an issue for you, at any point in the relationship, make it clear that it's an issue and stick with your guns.
Original post by Temporality
Nah I think it's true groups of boy mates always seem to get annoyed when they're mostly single and one guy is in a relationship. Means they cant go on pussy patrol holidays etc lol and if the guy really likes the girl he is with they will take the piss a lot. I've observed that a lot. It's really silly but it's just one of those dynamics that happens in guy groups :rolleyes:

OP, I think if he offered to delete the app there and then he is being pretty genuine. If you wanted him to delete it you should have told him to really. Did you tell him to delete and he refused straight out with the 'boys' excuse? If he did refuse straight out I would see how it goes, and treat him with a little caution, don't go in blind-eyed. He has given you reason to mistrust him if he wouldn't delete when asked. If you backed out and made out like it wasnt that big a deal, sorry to say that's poor communication and it isn't really his fault if he didn't delete it. If something's an issue for you, at any point in the relationship, make it clear that it's an issue and stick with your guns.

lol I don't see it as a big deal though. I'd freely give my phone for someone to check it or my facebook or whatever since I don't have anything to hide. It's just understandable in this situation.

Original post by qwertyking
Is that what you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah but it's what a lot of people do.
(edited 9 years ago)
He did give me his phone and asked me to look at the app to see if he's messaged anyone but I didn't accept the offer because I trusted him....surely if he wasn't telling me the truth he wouldn't offer me the phone? But it's just making me so paranoid!
Original post by Temporality

Thanks for that, he did offer to delete but I told him to keep it because I didn't want him to miss out on banter but it's just made me so paranoid now...
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently got into a relationship with a guy who I met on tinder and it's going really well. We have agreed to be exclusive and he makes me feel like the happiest girl ever (cringe).

The other day we were out and his phone went off and I looked and it was a tinder girl messaging him on the app....as you can imagine I was really annoyed. He told me that when he goes out with the boys they load up tinder to see how many matches they get but because he's with me he doesn't message them.....and i wonder does that sound believable?

He offered to delete it but said the boys won't like it if he does as it's just "banter" but it really hurt me that he didn't....

Do you think he's using it to get other girls or does the whole lads using tinder to get matches thing sound true? :frown:

At the end of the day it's probably just BANTER to be honest.
I'd chill out about it Im in a relationship and both of us still have it on our phones, check the messages, its one thing to have the app and get a message. See if hes flirting with the girls if he says he doesnt want to show you thatll say it all
If you really think he's cheating, then him deleting tinder won't change anything. He'll probably just install/uninstall it on a regular basis if he wanted to lie/carry on using it. It would be a bit of a faff, but not that much effort if he wanted to carry on using it.

He might be telling the truth though, what's your gut instinct?
You know the answer better than we do. You can always make a fake profile and if he matches with you see if he messages you....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending