The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

A guy at university I've liked for a while now, slept with him twice now after nights out, he is cuddly and chatty in the mornings and doesn't leave straight away instead stays all day but he hasn't spoken to me since the last time we had sex (3 days ago) does this mean he probably doesn't like me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AlphaNick
yeah he hasnt spoken for 3 whole days he loathes you

srs isn't it obvious?

Not sure if you're taking the piss or not because of your tone.

I just don't understand why he would stay so long the morning after, talking, being cuddly, kissing me on the forehead and talking all day if he didn't like me at all, but then that is counteracted by him not talking to me for 3 days.
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure if you're taking the piss or not because of your tone.

I just don't understand why he would stay so long the morning after, talking, being cuddly, kissing me on the forehead and talking all day if he didn't like me at all, but then that is counteracted by him not talking to me for 3 days.

Maybe he feels he is doing all the initiation and effort and is wondering whether you like him?
He might be busy or something.

Maybe text him and see if he wants to meet up?
Reply 4
Original post by AlphaNick
mate, obviously he likes you
stop rubbing it in because you'll make the TSR virgins mad

It really isn't obvious to me, I wouldn't have asked if it was obvious either way.
He likes you for sex if he's done it more than once, he may only be using you for sex, only time will tell. There days is hardly à lot, I would be careful not to be seen as too clingy or desperate by chasing him. Instead ask him next time you see him about à long term relationship and see how he reacts, if he seems not on the same page it may well just be that you are convienient for sex for him.
Reply 6
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Maybe he feels he is doing all the initiation and effort and is wondering whether you like him?

Maybe, though I sent the last message which he has seen but hasn't responded to. I just don't want to come across as desperate.

I realise now it was a mistake to sleep with him, this isn't usually like me I'm usually a sex in relationships only kind of person so I don't want him to think me messaging him or inviting him places is purely so we can have sex, but I don't want to be like "yo be my bf?" because that comes on way to strong and he might now be interested in that.
Reply 7
Original post by So Fetch
He might be busy or something.

Maybe text him and see if he wants to meet up?

Aye I thought he's probably busy though he has been online several times since, I do want to ask him if he wants to go out sometime I'm just scared of it backfiring and it being awkward if I see him after and he has declined...an inevitable risk I guess
Reply 8
Original post by Stewie2011
He likes you for sex if he's done it more than once, he may only be using you for sex, only time will tell. There days is hardly à lot, I would be careful not to be seen as too clingy or desperate by chasing him. Instead ask him next time you see him about à long term relationship and see how he reacts, if he seems not on the same page it may well just be that you are convienient for sex for him.

That's exactly the problem I don't want to seem clingy or desperate but how else am I supposed to find out if I don't message him, it's a double edged sword.

I'm personally not 100% if I want to dive into a relationship, I'd rather go on dates first so I'm definitely not going to bring up being in a long term relationship it's way too soon.
Aye I thought he's probably busy though he has been online several times since, I do want to ask him if he wants to go out sometime I'm just scared of it backfiring and it being awkward if I see him after and he has declined...an inevitable risk I guess

I think you should ask him if he wants to hang out, maybe go out somewhere so you can tell whether he actually wants to be around you or only wants to have sex with you.

And if he declines, you have your answer.
I think you should ask him if he wants to hang out, maybe go out somewhere so you can tell whether he actually wants to be around you or only wants to have sex with you.

And if he declines, you have your answer.

Yeah you're right, what kind of thing do you think I should invite him to hang out? Do you think a group thing might be better? Like a trip to the pub with friends? Or should it be 1 on 1? or is that too clingy? Ugh I'm new to all this, never done anything like this before.
Yeah you're right, what kind of thing do you think I should invite him to hang out? Do you think a group thing might be better? Like a trip to the pub with friends? Or should it be 1 on 1? or is that too clingy? Ugh I'm new to all this, never done anything like this before.

I would say 1 on 1 so you can see exactly if he wants to hang around with you or not but make sure it doesn't look like it's a date.

Keep it casual like "I need to get x from y on the weekend, want to join me?"
Something along the lines of course.
I would say 1 on 1 so you can see exactly if he wants to hang around with you or not but make sure it doesn't look like it's a date.

Keep it casual like "I need to get x from y on the weekend, want to join me?"
Something along the lines of course.

Oh dear I was hoping the other would be best D:
No idea what to invite him to now, I don't really go anywhere on my own
Oh dear I was hoping the other would be best D:
No idea what to invite him to now, I don't really go anywhere on my own

You could possibly go in a group and see how much individual attention he gives you?

That might actually be better to start with. If he does give you plenty of attention you can try the 1 on 1 thing.
Keep it casual like "I need to get x from y on the weekend, want to join me?" Something along the lines of course.

Something like, "hey I'm going to see a man about a dog this Saturday - care to join me?"

That would do the trick I would think...
Re
That's exactly the problem I don't want to seem clingy or desperate but how else am I supposed to find out if I don't message him, it's a double edged sword.

I'm personally not 100% if I want to dive into a relationship, I'd rather go on dates first so I'm definitely not going to bring up being in a long term relationship it's way too soon.

If you leave it say four days then ask him it should not come across as clingy, clingly is texting several times a day or more. Lay your cards on the table I would, state that you want à casual relationship at the moment but not soley based on sex. He will either be on the same page or not, maybe even relieved, but be aware he may already have à girlfriend and see you as nothing more than a bit of fun, but if this is so better you find out now i think.
You could possibly go in a group and see how much individual attention he gives you?

That might actually be better to start with. If he does give you plenty of attention you can try the 1 on 1 thing.

Yeah I guess so
Original post by Teofilo
Something like, "hey I'm going to see a man about a dog this Saturday - care to join me?"

I have no idea what you mean
Original post by Teofilo

Totally.
Keep it casual and get the hint whether he wants to be in your company or not.
Original post by Stewie2011
Re

If you leave it say four days then ask him it should not come across as clingy, clingly is texting several times a day or more. Lay your cards on the table I would, state that you want à casual relationship at the moment but not soley based on sex. He will either be on the same page or not, maybe even relieved, but be aware he may already have à girlfriend and see you as nothing more than a bit of fun, but if this is so better you find out now i think.

Hmm okay, I'll probably send a quick message tomorrow, nothing a one word answer could reply but nothing long or over the top.
I damn well hope he doesn't have a GF i'd be fuming that he made me into the other woman, though his facebook says he is single and I did go to his flat and meet his flat mates and they knew what was going on so I doubt they'd have been okay with it if he did have a GF.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending