The Student Room Group

Unhappiness over open immigration of Muslims in Sweden?

This is indeed news to me that some Swedes are unhappy over the massive influx of muslim migrants into their country.

I believe in multiculturalism but shouldn't there be a healthy balance?

Why is Sweden opening their doors to muslims but turning others away?
What is the rationale behind this?
What are the social consequences behind such a move?

[video="youtube;uhstVDWsetM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhstVDWsetM[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am really surprised that the following news did not find its way in the headlines of newspapers. It was practically swept under the carpet?

[video="youtube;ipGpAUKJtzI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipGpAUKJtzI[/video]
What do people mean when they say multiculturalism has failed? (Note: I haven't watched the videos lel)
Reply 3
Original post by + polarity -
What do people mean when they say multiculturalism has failed? (Note: I haven't watched the videos lel)

I would say they mean to say that certain groups of people have failed to integrate with the rest of society?
Multiculturalism itself isn't failing. There's only one culture that's pissing everyone else off. I hope the UK takes note before it's too late.
Sweden is the most beta country in the world, the cuckolds of Europe, brb new law passed making it illegal to criticize immigration in Sweden lol u mad swedes?

http://www.eutimes.net/2014/04/sweden-passes-law-that-will-prosecute-people-for-criticizing-immigration/

RIP in peace Sweden
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maura Kat
I would say they mean to say that certain groups of people have failed to integrate with the rest of society?

Oh right. That begs the question why is integration so important? I'm sure there are cultures which have failed to integrate without causing actual problems. Claims like this just seem like a thinly veiled attack on cultures from predominantly Muslim countries...
I went to Stockholm and everyone was really nice and friendly apart from a group of Muslims.

People take advantage of nice people. On the flip side I think the Germans are less liberal and don't give a crap. They speak much more blunt and don't care about being PC. I love Germans...plan on living there one day.
Reply 8
Original post by Greg Jackson
Sweden are the cuckolds of Europe
RIP in peace

why would you say something like that?

Oh right. That begs the question why is integration so important? I'm sure there are cultures which have failed to integrate without causing actual problems. Claims like this just seem like a thinly veiled attack on cultures from predominantly Muslim countries...

I was making a guess which is illustrated with the '?' at the end of my sentence.

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Multiculturalism itself isn't failing. There's only one culture that's pissing everyone else off. I hope the UK takes note before it's too late.

I hope you hear me out? I'm extremely disappointed with the Home Office, the Home Minister Theresa May and the UK Border Agency. What they should do is concentrate on one county, check individuals to see if they have valid papers to remain in UK and deport them immediately if they're found to not have such papers.

but whats happening is that those who do not have their documentation in order are arrested but released on bail because there is some rule that unless the passport of the said individual is found, he has to be released immediately. which overstayer in his right mind will have his actual passport with him much less report to the police station daily as part of his bail conditions? he will obviously abscond.

Theresa May needs to resign. she has never said sorry, she doesn't understand her job scope, she has lost the plot and she needs to go. You have to see her overflowing ignorance in the video below to believe how ignorant she can be.

[video="youtube;I_OogOL7gkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OogOL7gkI[/video]
I was making a guess which is illustrated with the '?' at the end of my sentence.

yeah I know, not ranting at you haha

just thinking :3

I hope you hear me out? I'm extremely disappointed with the Home Office, the Home Minister Theresa May and the UK Border Agency. What they should do is concentrate on one county, check individuals to see if they have valid papers to remain in UK and deport them immediately if they're found to not have such papers.

but whats happening is that those who do not have their documentation in order are arrested but released on bail because there is some rule that unless the passport of the said individual is found, he has to be released immediately. which overstayer in his right mind will have his actual passport with him much less report to the police station daily as part of his bail conditions? he will obviously abscond.

Theresa May needs to resign. she has never said sorry, she doesn't understand her job scope, she has lost the plot and she needs to go. You have to see her overflowing ignorance in the video below to believe how ignorant she can be.

[video="youtube;I_OogOL7gkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OogOL7gkI[/video]

I didn't know about this but if it's true then it sounds about right. What really needs to happen is just to shut the doors. It's hard to kick people out but I don't see why they can't just say no more are getting in when this is an island nation and they control every entry point. There should an approved countries list and if you're not from one of those countries and you're not bringing some useful, in-demand skill with you, then tough ****.
Reply 11
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
I went to Stockholm and everyone was really nice and friendly apart from a group of Muslims.

is the influx of muslim restricted to only Sweden or to Iceland and Norway as well?

yeah I know, not ranting at you haha
just thinking :3

it's ok. if i can be honest im utterly sad about the 1400 children in Rotherham who over a period of 16 years were sexually exploited, molested, raped and even murdered by a group of men who were largely of Pakistani origin. What I cannot understand is how the authorities like the police, social services or councils in Rotherham could let this happen?

I didn't know about this but if it's true then it sounds about right. What really needs to happen is just to shut the doors. It's hard to kick people out but I don't see why they can't just say no more are getting in when this is an island nation and they control every entry point. There should an approved countries list and if you're not from one of those countries and you're not bringing some useful, in-demand skill with you, then tough ****.

Yes its true. if you think about it its a waste of resources, effort and time. The UK Border Agency arrests the overstayer/illegal immigrant but has to release him on bail because his passport is not with him. yes its hard to kick people out. and i agree with you on your points raised. why would the government allow an unskilled, uneducated individual who may not know how to read, write and speak English, who may or may not have a criminal record in his home country, to relocate to UK with his entire family and live off on benefits whilst refusing to integrate with the rest of society?

sometimes i ask myself why all these sociology and politics authors with PHDs do not want to write the truth in their books? are they so afraid that the cluster of universities will drop his book from the recommended reading list for its student due to the politically incorrect content found in the books?
Reply 12
I don't agree with mass immigration but why blame people who just want to move to a country where they can have a better life to provide for their families. You should be mad at the democratic governments who never gave us the opportunity to have a say over immigration.
Reply 13

This looks mighty interesting.
Original post by al_94
I don't agree with mass immigration but why blame people who just want to move to a country where they can have a better life to provide for their families. You should be mad at the democratic governments who never gave us the opportunity to have a say over immigration.

I came into this country illegally a while back. I have a British passport now, which I am eternally grateful for. I am now a smart student, social, no drama, no violence, no extremist views, atheist etc.
I think all immigrants should go through westernising.
(edited 9 years ago)
is the influx of muslim restricted to only Sweden or to Iceland and Norway as well?

it's ok. if i can be honest im utterly sad about the 1400 children in Rotherham who over a period of 16 years were sexually exploited, molested, raped and even murdered by a group of men who were largely of Pakistani origin. What I cannot understand is how the authorities like the police, social services or councils in Rotherham could let this happen?

Yes its true. if you think about it its a waste of resources, effort and time. The UK Border Agency arrests the overstayer/illegal immigrant but has to release him on bail because his passport is not with him. yes its hard to kick people out. and i agree with you on your points raised. why would the government allow an unskilled, uneducated individual who may not know how to read, write and speak English, who may or may not have a criminal record in his home country, to relocate to UK with his entire family and live off on benefits whilst refusing to integrate with the rest of society?

sometimes i ask myself why all these sociology and politics authors with PHDs do not want to write the truth in their books? are they so afraid that the cluster of universities will drop his book from the recommended reading list for its student due to the politically incorrect content found in the books?

The reason is racism. Frivilous accusations of racism have poisoned everything. It is now a social taboo only a notch or two below being accused of paedophilia and few public figures will dare to point out the obvious because they fear someone will label them a racist.
Multoculturalism is dhimmitude. It's a fraud, a rip off and a hustle. People should tightfully be furious over something as patronizing and interfeering as Multicultualism.
Reply 17
Original post by Yoshimaidaz
I don't mind much-cultralism, however, there has to be a limit.
Open immigration is an absurd policy, look at England. Through lax immigration, places such as 'Bradistan' was formed. Sooner or later, there will be too much of them

yes yoshi. i agree there has to be a limit and also some sort of means test. pretty much like the australia system where if you in your home country have a criminal record, life threatening illness or disease, don't know the english language or possess very little qualifications then your application is rejected. this should be the system that UK adopts.

Original post by al_94

hi Al. i am not blaming the people who are in search for a better lives for their families and themselves. but at the very least they should integrate with society especially since they're newcomers? i agree with you on your second point. successive governments have ram-railed their policies through the Commons. the whole thing is a lunacy if i can be honest.

The reason is racism. Frivilous accusations of racism have poisoned everything. It is now a social taboo only a notch or two below being accused of paedophilia and few public figures will dare to point out the obvious because they fear someone will label them a racist.

but is that fear of being labelled a racist a worthy one in exchange of 1400 shattered lives of young defenseless children? what i also don't understand is how despite repeated calls from the PM to right across parliament for the Police Crime Commissioner to resign he only did so much later on but he will get to keep his local authority pension at the age of 55 onwards.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/16/rotherham-child-sex-abuse-pcc-shaun-wright-resigns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2757596/BREAKING-NEWS-South-Yorkshire-police-crime-commissioner-Shaun-Wright-resigns-Rotherham-sex-abuse-scandal-weeks-pressure.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18

I wonder what Maggie would do if she's the PM now ...
yes yoshi. i agree there has to be a limit and also some sort of means test. pretty much like the australia system where if you in your home country have a criminal record, life threatening illness or disease, don't know the english language or possess very little qualifications then your application is rejected. this should be the system that UK adopts.

Well, I'm not sure about Australia's system and how it works
But what I do know, is that we both agree with each other. Why allow the poor, low classed and completely useless Pakistanis or Indians into our country? They do nothing and end up on benefits, at least the Polish or whatnot contribute through having jobs and actually giving to the economy.

People might call you and I racist, but we are not. We don't hate them...at least I don't, just that there has to be a logical reason.

Either way, it's too late in Britain. They are everywhere - walk into a Pharmacist Mr. Muhammad Shiek is waiting to administer your medicine. Walk into the NHS and Nurse Tandel is waiting to bandage you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending