The Student Room Group

Are my A-Levels ok?

Hi, This is my first post so hoping it's in the right place! Up until 2 weeks ago I was planning to study medicine at Uni (I've only just started studying for AS's so while to go yet) due to family pressures blah blah blah, but I've now accepted the fact that I don't have to do medicine. I have chosen English Literature along with biology, chemistry and maths for AS. I really would love to be a secondary school teacher in either english or biology but would my A-levels be ok to apply to an english course with as they aren't really related to the course? Thank you! :colondollar:
Reply 1
Yes, they'd be ok. It may exclude you from some of the more traditional colleges eg. UCL or (maybe - I'm not sure) Oxford, but it shows a bit of variety away from arts/humanities, which some unis like. I'm applying to Exeter and Durham with A2s in Biology, Chemistry and Literature. As long as you have good english-related extra curriculars (eg. theatre, art, music, travel, cultural stuff!) then you ought to be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending