The Student Room Group

Do you think i stand a chance of getting an offer from Imperial with these AS grades?

Should i even be applying to Imperial with these grades? AABC in maths physics biology and chemistry
Thanks lads.
Original post by ben60
Should i even be applying to Imperial with these grades? AABC in maths physics biology and chemistry
Thanks lads.

Possibly. Depends on your performance in the interview and GCSE grades.
I think it would be hard. But you might as well have 1 or 2 really ambitious choices on your UCAS form.
Original post by ben60
Thanks lads.

At the end it really depends. What were the reasons? What does Imperial offer, what other universities don't offer? What do you want to learn? How do you learn? Which environment do you need to learn? Are there universities with lower requirements, who may exceed Imperial in crucial points? Do you like learning? Is a first at another university a more realisitic aim? What does the industry you want to work in, expects from you? Are there universities with better connections to those industries? What are you weaknesse and in which environment you can minimize them? What are your other choices? Would be reapplying an option for you?

I think, if you answer all these questions honestly and after some research, you know the answer to your question. Applying with not that stellar grades is allways a risk, but it depends what you risk by it exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest