The Student Room Group

stupid question?

I have some friends who have done cambridge (igcse, and AS):
some say they got 105%, 115%, 120%....they all done 8 igcse subjects, 4 as subjects.
....How do you calculate the percentage!!!...I don't understand when someone gets a B in some subjects and still gets above 100% percent!
is their a limit or a standard or some thing....Can someone get 150%?...How is it calculated...please give the answer in detail with the steps.:confused:
Reply 1
This thread needs to be in the General Uni Discussion subforum or thereabouts. What on earth are you doing posting this on the international lounge??
Reply 2

This thread needs to be in the General Uni Discussion subforum or thereabouts. What on earth are you doing posting this on the international lounge??

He's in Qatar. It's perversely logical, if you think about it.
Reply 3
Will someone just answer my question!?:mad:
Reply 4
I've got no idea how, but I suppose it could be something to do with scaling? Where to get 100% you only need raw marks of say 95% and if you get raw marks of over 95% you therefore get scaled marks of over 100%??
Reply 5
let's say someone got one (3A*, 4A, B) in cambridge IGCSE, and (3A, B) in cambridge AS levels....How do you calculate the percentage? does it vary from country to country?...Is there an international standard?
e.g Architecture takes over 130% in Egypt.....Can a 130% in egypt can be 115% in UK or 120% in USA?...Or is it 130% in all countries?

Latest

Trending

Trending