The Student Room Group

Why does he only tell me he likes me when he's drunk?

So there is this guy who I am very close to. When he's sober he seems to treat me like a 'mate' but when he's drunk he seems to open up and tell me exactly how he feels or how he thinks he feels.

I do actually really like him but when I ask him about it when he's sober he seems to brush me off and blame it on the alcohol. The other thing I don't get is if he really did like me as much as he says he does when he's drunk then surely he would be trying to get with me instead of other girls.

I just had an hour conversation with him over the phone where he was telling me I am perfect and that he likes me and why am I not his Girlfriend etc etc. I said to him I will ask him if he still feels the same in the morning but I know what will happen, he will ignore me for a few days out of embarrassment and then he will text me saying '' Oh God i'm so sorry about the other night, I was really drunk, I didn't mean it'' etc etc.

I'm confused. I'm starting to think that maybe I look ugly when he's sober or something lol. I don't understand it.

Nah seriously though, booze is truth serum. If you want to see a person's true side then ask then when they've removed their inhibitions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch

Lmaooo

Yeah I thought as much :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Lmaooo

Yeah I thought as much :frown:

Actually I edited but you got there too fast.
I think he likes you. he is just able to freely express what he feels when drunk. But if he keeps this up, you are better off not being with him because the possible romance seems to be stuck in a perpetual 'dead-end zone'! :lolwut:
I'm in this same predicament with a girl at the moment, it's so confusing!Every time she is drunk she tells me she likes me etc, but the other night when we were out she was telling these guys that I am well out of her league and she is punching above her weight. She even told someone that we are in are seeing where things take us, but we are basically seeing each other.And then I havent heard from her since. Do I make the first move and ask her what to do ... or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending