The Student Room Group

Syria - ISIS

It looks like the US have gone into Syria. This is pretty scary;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29321136

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good. Those who oppose the west must be eradicated.
Israel shoot down Syrian fighter...

Strange how the FSA are cheering on Israel.

BTW this proves the plane was in Syrian airspace..

[video="youtube;z7YM8hwwwco"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7YM8hwwwco[/video]
[video="youtube;kG9wY7JTkfY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG9wY7JTkfY[/video]
Original post by Rakas21

I'll be honest, whilst I understand America's intentions, its not really the reaction of Syria I'm worried about. It's her allies, Russia and China.
Reply 5
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I'll be honest, whilst I understand America's intentions, its not really the reaction of Syria I'm worried about. It's her allies, Russia and China.

China is not what id call an ally and they tend to stay out of the Middle East. Russia has interests but does not stand to gain from her friend Iran gaining another enemy.
Reply 6
Original post by Rakas21

The whole of Syria will be ISIS after this.
Original post by Reform
how? they are getting bombed back to the stone age by america. The only good thing isis have done is accidently led to the possibility of a kurdish state
Reply 8
Original post by Reform

Original post by intelligent con
how? they are getting bombed back to the stone age by america. The only good thing isis have done is accidently led to the possibility of a kurdish state

This. The Kurds now have a large swathe of eastern Syria.
Reply 9

Original post by Rakas21
This. The Kurds now have a large swathe of eastern Syria.

The West are targeting other rebel groups alongside IS. Those same rebel groups (like Ahrah) have clearly said they mean no harm to the west and yet they're still being attacked.

It doesn't take a genius to guess who they'll now ally with.

Now, as the days go by and more civilians and rebel groups get caught up, they'll turn to Jihadi groups as they'll believe (and rightly so) that the West have failed them.
Original post by Reform
The West are targeting other rebel groups alongside IS. Those same rebel groups (like Ahrah) have clearly said they mean no harm to the west and yet they're still being attacked.

Now, as the days go by and more civilians and rebel groups get caught up, they'll turn to Jihadi groups as they'll believe (and rightly so) that the West have failed them.
Are you some kind of keyboard jihadist?

Also the kurds and the fsa would never ally with the islamic state although I can understand the possibility of some other jihadist groups joining with them
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reform

Its possible but unfortunately without troops on the ground its harder to verify.

There's still no chance ISIS can win though.
Reply 12
Are you some kind of keyboard jihadist?

Also the kurds and the fsa would never ally with the islamic state although I can understand the possibility of some other jihadist groups joining with them

Who exactly are the FSA lol? Some of them will most definitely ally with the Islamic state and others won't. Possibility is a huge understatement. They've been fighting a regime for years and now the West have come (with claims to fight IS) and have attacked them.

Original post by Rakas21
Its possible but unfortunately without troops on the ground its harder to verify.

There's still no chance ISIS can win though.

What exactly do you term a victory for the West? Does giving Assad Syria back count as a victory?
Original post by Reform
Who exactly are the FSA lol? Some of them will most definitely ally with the Islamic state and others won't. Possibility is a huge understatement. They've been fighting a regime for years and now the West have come (with claims to fight IS) and have attacked them.

What exactly do you term a victory for the West? Does giving Assad Syria back count as a victory?
fsa are free syrian army.

You seem to be rather enthusiastic over the possibility of isis winning the war. Are you an isis supporter or something?
Reply 14

You seem to be rather enthusiastic over the possibility of isis winning the war. Are you an isis supporter or something?

Free Syria Army consists of a wide umbrella of groups. Some who are pro West and some who are Pro Islam.

If you had read his posts in the ISIS mega thread you would be aware that the answer to that question is yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reform
Free Syria Army consists of a wide umbrella of groups. Some who are pro West and some who are Pro Islam.
since when does isis = islam
Reply 17
Original post by Reform

As a Syrian this is true. But NONE of them are radicals. Some may be biased to Islam, some Christianity, some Alawi etc since there are all sorts of people in there.

I'm support FSA with all my heart. The forgotten heroes. My cousins fight in FSA and they've clashed with ISIS numerous times.

This is really good for FSA, finally they can focus on fighting Assad and not ISIS
Reply 18
Original post by miscounted_time
If you had read his posts in the ISIS mega thread you would be aware that the answer to that question is yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

since when does isis = islam

I didn't say IS = Islam. I said they're either Pro West or Pro Islam. Pro democracy or pro Sharia.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Byakko
As a Syrian this is true. But NONE of them are radicals. Some may be biased to Islam, some Christianity, some Alawi etc since there are all sorts of people in there.

I'm support FSA with all my heart. The forgotten heroes. My cousins fight in FSA and they've clashed with ISIS numerous times.

This is really good for FSA, finally they can focus on fighting Assad and not ISIS

I'm sorry to say, America are killing off rebels who are fighting Bashar.

At this rate, Bashar will gain back Syria.

If you know of Ahrah al Sham, you'd know they fight exclusively against the regime yet they've been targeted by the west. Jabhat Al Nusra have also been attacked.

America claimed to strike Syria because of IS yet they're attacking several other groups which is a shame because Bashar will now sweep in and reclaim Syria.

Quick Reply

Latest