The Student Room Group

Labour confirm they will scrap immigration targets if elected in 2015

Poll

Are Labour right to scrap immigration limits?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/23/labour-vows-scrap-net-migration-target-yvette-cooper

More madness from Labour they confirm they will scrap immigration targets (not that the Tories have been able to meet them anyway). So labour's policy is to have no targets, no controls and no limits on immigration.

Do you agree? will this damage their 2015 chances, will their traditional working class voters flee because of this?
[video="youtube;lKDeyuM0-Og"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og[/video]
Here comes the merry-go-round of lies and fake promises, it must be election season!
At least this time they are being up front with it.

They have obviously calculated that the white liberal middle class that dont live amongst the immigrant population, but want them to drive their taxis, do their gardening and build their extensions, outnumber the white working class who have seen their wages undercut, struggled for school places, NHS services and in some communities seem their children raped.

Big gamble.
It will be interesting to see if it pays off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Did you actually read the article?

She said that one of the major problems with the target was that it did not distinguish between different kinds of migrants and counted overseas students, low-skilled migrants and people seeking asylum as if they were all the same.

The shadow home secretary said Labour would replace the government’s net migration target with a much more strictly defined series of targets and controls which would not include overseas students. Cooper also said it was important that people seeking asylum were treated completely separately from migrants as they were seeking protection.

Therefore, your statement that Labour's policy is to have no controls and no limits is axiomatically incorrect. It also means that your poll presents us with a false dichotomy.

Labour are also pointing out, quite rightly, that:

...despite the pledge to reduce net migration to the “tens of thousands” by the next election it stood at the same level (243,000) as when David Cameron and Theresa May announced the target in 2010. The Conservatives have admitted that the target, which the Liberal Democrats refused to support, will be “difficult to meet” by next May’s election.
(edited 9 years ago)
UKIP will cut immigration by opening borders to commonwealth citizens who will be to poor to travel to the UK when they cut the foreign aid budget.
Reply 6
As much as I distrust Labour and wouldn't put it past them to annihalate the country... again... their proposed system is objectively much more refined.
Good.
Reply 8
Miliband has obviously been prepped to go all out off the back of the Referendum. Interesting promises being made.
Original post by viddy9
Did you actually read the article?

It's an Ace123 thread. Of course he didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ace123
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/23/labour-vows-scrap-net-migration-target-yvette-cooper

More madness from Labour they confirm they will scrap immigration targets (not that the Tories have been able to meet them anyway). So labour's policy is to have no targets, no controls and no limits on immigration.

Do you agree? will this damage their 2015 chances, will their traditional working class voters flee because of this?

I already have, for more reasons than that. I am now in the process of thinking about voting UKIP, something that goes against my grain. My worry is UKIP will ally with a minority Conservative government, thereby creating a Faragenstein monster.
The mass importation of cheap labour into the British economy benefits no one but the rich.

In a sane world, Labour would be the ones up in arms the most about the policy. Instead, they are so in the pockets of the corporations, that they are cheerleading the mass immigration policy more than anyone else.

All this garbage speak about 'diversity' and the like is just wrapping paper over the dog turd.
Original post by HeritageofEurope
Totally agree.

We should be prevserving our ethnic identity and make up. Not displacing ourselves with tidal waves of third world brown migrants

I take less issue with skin colour but i must admit that i see Islam as a threat to our values, far too many British Muslims are open to Sharia Law and/or segregate themselves (i live on the edge of Bradford - these people even elected Galloway). I do agree that we don't need third world unskilled immigrants and asylum seekers when we can increase immigration with the developed world in the form of the Anglosphere.

My main difference with you due to skin colour not being an issue is that i would also increase immigration from developed Asia (Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
I take less issue with skin colour but i must admit that i see Islam as a threat to our values, far too many British Muslims are open to Sharia Law and/or segregate themselves (i live on the edge of Bradford - these people even elected Galloway). I do agree that we don't need third world unskilled immigrants and asylum seekers when we can increase immigration with the developed world in the form of the Anglosphere.

My main difference with you due to skin colour not being an issue is that i would also increase immigration from developed Asia (Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore).

Culture and identity is strongly correlated with skin colour. I prefer white aesthetics over non-whites aesthetics and I am not going to feel guilty in the slightest for that
If you know anything about Roman history, Julius Caesar was able to conquer the Gauls by using divide and conquer tactics and getting the different tribes to fight amongst themselves and not unite, and when they did finally unite under one leader Vercingetorix it was too late to stop the conquer of Gaul. I feel this is partly what is happening in Europe today, where the various nations spend too much fighting each other or thinking about their own interest and not focusing on the bigger picture.
Original post by Ace123

Not having targets is a long way from having no controls or limits and they neither propose that nor would possibly do it.

The targets are absurd in that we do not control immigration from the EU and so cannot be guided in policy by those targets. At most, it would make sense to have a target for non-EU migration. The only other consistent policy is that offered by UKIP.
Original post by InnerTemple
It is a pity you take that position.

I don't really see anything different when it comes to my black friends and my white friends. I do not seem to identify them as a different species in the way you seem to.

What differences people of other races do bring should be celebrated, I think.

Race aside, do you think all differences between all people should be celebrated?

For instance I know someone who is very intelligent, good family man, peaceful, polite - but is a Stalinist. Do you think that should be celebrated? Would you be happy to admit 5m Stalinists to the UK?
I heard that for every vote his party receives in the next general election Milliband will personally fly over an Eastern European migrant worker?
Reply 18
Original post by HeritageofEurope
I prefer my own culture and other European cultures over non-white cultures. I want my country to stay European and largely homogenous and this is no different than what Indians, or japanese people wan in for their own countries.

However, I am white and I am expected to watch my country turn into a multicultural mess and I am actually expected to celebrate this

Unfortunately this has become the (politically driven) norm. Whites are not expected to speak like this. We are expected to do nothing and say nothing other than view the multicultural disaster as a high and glorious vision of inter-cultural harmony. We know it's rubbish and so do they. Britain is now a country of social disharmony and liars. I find it sad that so many so-called intelligent white Britons are vocally supporting the new multiculturalism agenda and completely try and discredit any contrary viewpoint with false stigmatic accusations and citing dubious statistical research study results. It's a dishonourable farce. Only two and half decades ago, European countries were such cool places to visit, their national culture so interestingly distinct from their neighbour. Sophisticated, intellectual and admirable, as nations they were beacons to the wider world of historical, cultural evolution. These countries, including the UK is tenuously hanging on to this former glory but the fingers are slipping.

What is sad is that whites have been systematically conditioned to accept the loss of their culture, formed over centuries of bloody war and revolution, Christian moral values, philosophical reflection, development of the Arts, a tradition of fairness, and open discussion. Of all the third world immigrants to come to the UK in the last two decades, Muslims have been by far, the most conspicuously disruptive and divisive . They will not assimilate into a European value structure other than for economic reasons. Their only concern is prosperity for their own family and members of their particular community and the flourishing of Islam in whatever country they settle, with no regard for its long-established religious and cultural heritage. It is a very sad state of affairs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending