The Student Room Group

Sainsburys Interview Help

I have my first interview this week for Sainsburys as an Online Groceries Shopper, and i was just seeking some advice!
What type of questions may they ask?
Is it okay to wear heels for an interview?
How can i show i'm not that nervous?
Do i shake their hand?
Please help it would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by yasmincx
I have my first interview this week for Sainsburys as an Online Groceries Shopper, and i was just seeking some advice!
Is it okay to wear heels for an interview?
How can i show i'm not that nervous?
Do i shake their hand?
Please help it would be greatly appreciated!

Okay... I don't think I'm allowed to give lots of specific detail

The first part will be a DVD with maths questions and short video clips asking you to write down the potential hazards such as spillages or wrong shelf labelling or issues such as underage drinking or theft.

What you believe that your role will involve. So... ensuring that you quickly and accurately locate customer's desired items around the store and ensuring that they are packed and given to the drivers on-time! You also don't want to be the cause of customer complaints for the department if you miss items of the list. Accuracy is important.

You will also be asked scenario based questions such as "Tell me about a time you gave great customer service" as although you will be working very early mornings, the stores typically open at 7am so you will still be around customers.

There will also be questions based on your previous employment experience and what you know about the company (Activ Kids, Paralympic 2012 sponsor, Taste the Difference, etc).

Is it okay to wear heels for an interview? Yes but the shop floors can be quites slippery and you will need to wear flats for the role anyway.

How can i show i'm not that nervous? They will expect you to be nervous but will hopefully make conversation when you walk to the interview room to put you at ease :smile:

Do i shake their hand? They will probably shake your hand anyway!

Please help it would be greatly appreciated
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending