The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Thinking of going to Exeter

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to either Bath, Exeter or Warwick university to study Politics and International Relations/Politics and Philosophy.

I just want to know more about Exeter as a uni from someone who has been there at least a year. I want to know about 3 main things.

- The nightlife, so whether its good enough in Exeter (as i've heard different things). And also whether its as 'posh' as people say.

- The accomodation, are the normal rooms comfortable? How is the catering at the uni?

- Are there good opportunities for part time work? Do many people work whilst they study?

Thanks in advance.
This is sort of related. Exeter is really prone to flooding so just be weary, although their architecture is nice and their bridges :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I live in Exeter, the nightlife compared to many places is good. A lot of the clubs get the piss taken out of them for no reason what so ever! While I think other places like Cardiff are a much better night out, Exeter is also pretty good! Plenty of places to go to :smile: The university accommodation is like a 5 minute walk in to town and from what I've heard the rooms are really nice!

As for the posh comment; I have quite a lot of friends from up north and also Scotland. When on the phone to them I do constantly have them telling me my accent is very proper... In my opinion I sound like a chavvy farmer!

Hope this helps some what
Meg :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guren
This is sort of related. Exeter is really prone to flooding so just be weary, although their architecture is nice and their bridges :biggrin:

I've been flooded twice😭 currently out the house after being flooded in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm also wondering similar things - I'm thinking of applying for history.
Could anyone also mention whether it's very diverse? I don't want to turn up and be the only black girl that's seen as an exhibition lol.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Drivers it is :smile: Exeter get a lot of Chinese UNI students, like... A lot! I'm sure you will be fine haha, even if you are the only one, which I doubt you will be... It's not a place that hates on black people :P I'm half cast and never had a racist comment throw at me in all my life :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whittakerm
I've been flooded twice currently out the house after being flooded in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is why people need to study geography and take a holistic approach to flood defense :biggrin:
Lead the way my good friend, lead the way haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending