The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance at getting into medical school????

Hi, I really want to be a surgeon but after seeing other peoples grades who managed to get into medical school I'm starting to doubt my chances. I got AAAABBBBBBC for my GCSEs, two of the As being from Chemistry and Maths and two of the Bs in Biology and Physics. The C is from Business Studies so I'm hoping that doesn't matter. I did Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Economics for AS and got DDCC because honestly I didn't work hard enough until the month of the exams so I just grazed though. I've dropped economics but am still going to retake the exams so I can up the grade to an A or B. I'm seriously working hard now to make sure I don't slack and keep my grades up as my chemistry teacher says that I would have gotten an A last year if I'd worked as hard all year as I did in the month of the exams.
I'm not applying to uni this october because my predicted grades are CCC and because I want to take a gap year. I'm going to volunteer in Thailand hospital for a few weeks in the summer, I've already done a one day PreMed course and I going to go to some medical lectures. If I manage to get AAA in A2 and get a good score in the UKCAT/BMAT do you think I could get into medical school?
Reply 1
Original post by WBrownx
Hi, I really want to be a surgeon but after seeing other peoples grades who managed to get into medical school I'm starting to doubt my chances. I got AAAABBBBBBC for my GCSEs, two of the As being from Chemistry and Maths and two of the Bs in Biology and Physics. The C is from Business Studies so I'm hoping that doesn't matter. I did Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Economics for AS and got DDCC because honestly I didn't work hard enough until the month of the exams so I just grazed though. I've dropped economics but am still going to retake the exams so I can up the grade to an A or B. I'm seriously working hard now to make sure I don't slack and keep my grades up as my chemistry teacher says that I would have gotten an A last year if I'd worked as hard all year as I did in the month of the exams.
I'm not applying to uni this october because my predicted grades are CCC and because I want to take a gap year. I'm going to volunteer in Thailand hospital for a few weeks in the summer, I've already done a one day PreMed course and I going to go to some medical lectures. If I manage to get AAA in A2 and get a good score in the UKCAT/BMAT do you think I could get into medical school?

I think your chance of getting in is very limited because your gcse results are way below the average and even if you repeat all your as levels which you will have to it is very hard to go up three grades. I thinks it's better to look at other courses because your chance of getting into medicine is very low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending