The Student Room Group

Screen pixel issue

Okay so when I'm playing games on my PC I occasionally but not always get blocks of pixels that will flash usually black and white.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it could be down to, at the moment I was thinking it's down to the graphics card not being connected properly? Or it could be because I've had to use an adapter from HD to d-sub?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Learn Together
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

I don't want to get started... I want to resolve this pest of an issue with my PC
Original post by xmertic
Okay so when I'm playing games on my PC I occasionally but not always get blocks of pixels that will flash usually black and white.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it could be down to, at the moment I was thinking it's down to the graphics card not being connected properly? Or it could be because I've had to use an adapter from HD to d-sub?

It sounds like it may be stuck pixels. Try changing your monitor to see if the issue still persists.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/
Reply 4
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
It sounds like it may be stuck pixels. Try changing your monitor to see if the issue still persists.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

They aren't dead pixels like those on the example. More like a square and some will be black and some white and it'll just flash for a bit and then another square block of weird pixels may pop up and the original one will be fine. It's quite strange, and I can't even find a image on Google to give good visual representation... went on CS:GO to print screen an image for you... didn't even happen :/
Original post by xmertic
They aren't dead pixels like those on the example. More like a square and some will be black and some white and it'll just flash for a bit and then another square block of weird pixels may pop up and the original one will be fine. It's quite strange, and I can't even find a image on Google to give good visual representation... went on CS:GO to print screen an image for you... didn't even happen :/

If it's not appearing on print screen, then I don't think it's your graphics device.
It's the screen in my opinion.
Reply 6
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
If it's not appearing on print screen, then I don't think it's your graphics device.
It's the screen in my opinion.

No I mean it didn't happen whilst I was playing so I couldn't print screen to show you. However I do think it's the monitor as it's not got a HDMI port
It sounds like visual artifacts caused by either a loose or overheating GPU. There is a possibility that it could be your display but I've only ever encountered something similar to this relating to a TV and not a monitor and output via HDMI (apparently some Samsung TV's don't like a small number of older GPU's).
Reply 8
I don't think it's overheating because I imagine I'd notice it as I am right next to it, although it could be. I have a Radeon R9 270X, if that helps. What is a loose? Sorry, not too knowledgeable with this stuff.
Original post by xmertic
I don't think it's overheating because I imagine I'd notice it as I am right next to it, although it could be. I have a Radeon R9 270X, if that helps. What is a loose? Sorry, not too knowledgeable with this stuff.

By loose I just meant that it might not be connected tightly to the motherboard. It's unlikely though as you'd probably get the dreaded blue screen of death.

Try playing at different resolutions and see if it makes any difference.
Reply 10
Original post by NebulousBlue
By loose I just meant that it might not be connected tightly to the motherboard. It's unlikely though as you'd probably get the dreaded blue screen of death.

Try playing at different resolutions and see if it makes any difference.

Well I didn't install it tbh so I have questioned the connection. Yeah I'll have a gander with lower res

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending