The Student Room Group

Help

Okay, so if you guys opened this post thank you very much .

In Short: I am girl from third world country who did entire O Level (6 As) without a teacher due to lack of resources. I am doing A Level now in math, business and Economics. I completed O Level in 3 Years and A Level in 2.5, since I had to completely self study. I am also working part time as business content writer. And I am dying in my heart to go to a good university as Cambridge or Harvard. Please tell me my chances.

If you have time - Details: Guys, I am a case of academic amazement really. I was a topper in my local school. Have so many shields. But then I felt that I absolutely couldn't hold up the turtle speed and sub-standard quality of education. I wanted to jump into Cambridge qualification but my single mother couldn't bear the costs. And so I decided to take up the burden on my own shoulders.

It was a big jump. I knew no word of English. The difference in standard was of miles. In frst year of O level I got A in Urdu, B in Pak. Studies and C in Islam. Second year, A* in Economics, A in Business, A* in Commerce and Third year, A* in Math, A in English.

Now i am giving A level Business, Math and Economics. I personally expect As if I give them in 2016 June, at age of 18 and 9 months. I could have given them earlier even if i had to study without a teacher, but i got involved in assignments. In first year of A level I was practically doing two jobs. Working as content writer and manager for local firm, and also doing online assignments of masters - level students. So i didn't get much time to study.

What will universities think of me. Will they get me for my hardworking and potential nature. Or reject me on some lousy basis. I can get a proof of my first job, but the students whop made me write their assignments won't give me certificate for it. :frown:

Please help

You have got to help me. Or if i die out of frustration my ghost will haunt you for centuries you know...
If I were you, I'd email Cambridge and ask. You've got good grounds for extenuating circumstances, obviously, but whether it's enough isn't something any of us could say, really.
Wow! You've done great, especially because it was all self-study! :smile:
You'll need to ask the individual universities you wish to go to, and see what you can do from there onwards.
And yes, I think universities will be amazed by you working as well, but will focus on your grades more.

Quick Reply

Latest