The Student Room Group

Miserable in my relationship

I have been with my girlfriend for a few years. We live together as of right now.

Problem is, we never really talk or do anything couples do. We only have sex once every three or so months. It's making me miserable and I can't help but feel she's being unfaithful.

I spent all three years of University working hard and saving up (by not going out and having a part time job) to save for our future, and now it's turned out to be seriously crap.

Recently my urges have been getting the better of me, and I've even been considering buying a prostitute's services. I am on a good salary and could afford it easy.

She claims she's too tired, but even when she's got a few days off work and does nothing but relax all day she still doesn't put out.

I'm not going to marry her because of this, why should I treat her like a princess and put up with her moods and violent temper and don't get naff all for it?

I need some advice on where to go next.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Go to Relate.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with my girlfriend for a few years. We live together as of right now.

Problem is, we never really talk or do anything couples do. We only have sex once every three or so months. It's making me miserable and I can't help but feel she's being unfaithful.

I spent all three years of University working hard and saving up (by not going out and having a part time job) to save for our future, and now it's turned out to be seriously crap.

Recently my urges have been getting the better of me, and I've even been considering buying a prostitute's services. I am on a good salary and could afford it easy.

She claims she's too tired, but even when she's got a few days off work and does nothing but relax all day she still doesn't put out.

I'm not going to marry her because of this, why should I treat her like a princess and put up with her moods and violent temper and don't get naff all for it?

I need some advice on where to go next.

Thank you.

Talk to her. Don't mention the prostitute or infidelity. That will only make things worse. If you aren't happy, you shouldn't stick around. Especially if you're considering cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This may sound so obvious but maybe she just isn't for you?

I agree relationships do require some work but if you are seriously unhappy just think about if you really want to stay with her forever
Put your foot down with her, give her a time and day of the week you expect her to be on backside with her bum out :smile: Some women crave direct instruction from a guy it makes them feel more secure.
Reply 5
Just feels like you two need a heart to heart. I wouldn't consider cheating. If you aren't happy, talk to her and tell her. If she doesn't want to compromise (remember, both of you need to compromise) then its best to call it a day. I wouldn't say you've wasted your money either. You took a risk and it isn't working. It still might, it might not, but at least you tried. You'd have regretted it more if you didn't live together and see what it was like.
Original post by Stewie2011
Put your foot down with her, give her a time and day of the week you expect her to be on backside with her bum out :smile: Some women crave direct instruction from a guy it makes them feel more secure.
No. You don't get to tell people when they're going to have sex with you. If OP feels they don't have a healthy sex life, that's a perfectly fine and legitimate concern, but you don't try and solve it with this kind of messed-up act of entitlement. Talk it over, listen to what she has to say and if she does the same for you, you can try and come to a solution.
Reply 7
Original post by Stewie2011

Stewey from Family Guy giving advice. Genius. :rolleyes:
Just leave her then why does everyone make out that these decisions are so hard. It's not hard if YOU AREN'T HAPPY DOING SOMETHING JUST ****ING STOP.
how much do you earn
What if you find someone way better?! It's not the end of the world, your life's not over!!! Do something about it, simple! And what do you work as? It's not too late in your 20's if you don't find the right woman
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
OP, it's disgusting and messed up from you if you're considering cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending