The Student Room Group

Labour to increase NHS spending and scrap 2012 Health Bill

Poll

Should NHS spending be increased and should privatisation be prevented?

Labour have confirmed that they will increase spending on the NHS in order to avoid a meltdown of the service and will repeal the Health and Social Care Bill of 2012, which allows for the creeping privatisation of the healthcare system.

The increased spending will be paid for by a clampdown on tax avoidance, a tax on the tobacco industry and a Mansion Tax on properties worth over £2bn.

According to the British Heart Foundation:

Tobacco is a killer product. Every day more and more people are tempted into taking up this deadly addiction at a cost to their health and the nation’s health service.

“The tobacco industry must pay for their profiteering and the terrible burden these lethal products place on people’s heart health. The BHF welcomes Labour’s commitment to making this happen and holding manufacturers to account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29310512
Reply 1
'NHS spending should not be increased and the health and social care act should not be repealed'.

I'm pretty sure they are only repealing one section of the act (the profit bit), they are not going to remove any of the existing private sector influence they inherit. That amounts to a 10% increase (roughly) over the Tory ring fence.

My personal view is that they should streamline the NHS by reducing the services they offer, especially outpatient services which can be done cheaply by a fully private hospital. The savings can be reinvested.
I think that they should, but in my opinion they either won't or they won't go far enough. And even the thing that they are proposing now is not far enough
Reply 3
Voting labour for sure
Original post by Byakko
Voting labour for sure

Don't believe their lies. All they do is make promises and we fall for it every single time.
same with our american counterparts with Obama

Quick Reply

Latest