The Student Room Group

What does Politics A Level entail?

AS you learn about the UK political system. 2 sides of the course and 4 units in each. You learn about the Judiciary, the Constitution (pros, cons, whether it needs to be changed etc.), learn about the political parties, differences between political ideologies, pressure groups, Parliament (HoC, HoL advantages and disadvantages of each), the Prime Minister, and loads more I can't remember.

A2 your school/college chooses what you study. We're doing the US; so are covering US political history, the US Constitution, President, Elections, Lobby groups etc etc.
Original post by TheTechN1304
AS you learn about the UK political system. 2 sides of the course and 4 units in each. You learn about the Judiciary, the Constitution (pros, cons, whether it needs to be changed etc.), learn about the political parties, differences between political ideologies, pressure groups, Parliament (HoC, HoL advantages and disadvantages of each), the Prime Minister, and loads more I can't remember.

A2 your school/college chooses what you study. We're doing the US; so are covering US political history, the US Constitution, President, Elections, Lobby groups etc etc.

Is it hard for someone who currently knows nothing about politics but feels like they'll have an interest in it once they begin to learn about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need to know anything about Politics to enjoy or understand it. :smile:
Original post by Padfootismine
You don't need to know anything about Politics to enjoy or understand it. :smile:

What if I've missed the first two weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padfootismine

Well most people doing it dont usually know much about the subject, but I would be surprised if you knew NOTHING about british politics.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Well most people doing it dont usually know much about the subject, but I would be surprised if you knew NOTHING about british politics.

I know all the common sense stuff but nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
I know all the common sense stuff but nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it. I didn't know much about politics but it ended up being fine.

Quick Reply

Latest