The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
frizzy_locks
since the college of hild and bede is slightly further out does this exclude it slightly in that it doesn't mix with other colleges so much or people dont come to the college bar sp much as they would others.

how does location affect the college?

also is hatfield as hated by students and professors as they say?

hild bede is actually not far out at all, and it doesn't mix any more or less than any other college, it certianly isnt too far out for a bar crawl. The location doesn't really affect it.

And nobody hates hatfield, its just gentle humour
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hating Hatfield is halfway between myth and a running joke. It gives people something to do when they are bored/drunk I guess, but it doesn't affect anyone in any serious way.
Reply 3
And lecturers don't really hate Hatfield.
Well, apart from my college tutor...
Reply 4
Hild Bede!

That is all.
Jelkin
Hild Bede!

That is all.

I like you.

Hild Bede!
Reply 6
Hild Bede!

:biggrin:
Jelkin
Hild Bede!

:biggrin:

Hang on a minute, I'll beat that....

(and yes, it is a competition....)
Reply 8
Bring it on. :mad:
wow:smile: hild bede is surely THE BEST COLLEGE:smile:))
Reply 11
Yes, indeed it is.

EDIT: Wait, that's not big enough. Hang on.
Jelkin
EDIT: Wait, that's not big enough. Hang on.

:p:
Reply 13
do you get more of a variety of people in hild bede than you would hatfield? or is there a 'type' that tends to flock to each...?
Reply 14
Every college will have lots of different people.
Correct. And mainly in the same proportions (except maybe Castle). But because Hild Bede is considerably bigger there's more people you'll like. There's also more people you won't like, of course, but you choose your friends...
goldenbarnes
Correct. And mainly in the same proportions (except maybe Castle). But because Hild Bede is considerably bigger there's more people you'll like. There's also more people you won't like, of course, but you choose your friends...

Tip: don't get 'chosen' in freshers' week as a friend by someone annoying who finds it difficult to make friends.
Reply 17
ChrisH2107
Tip: don't get 'chosen' in freshers' week as a friend by someone annoying who finds it difficult to make friends.

That's exactly what I have a tendency to do. I sort of did it on Open Day. And I can't help but be nice and polite to them, so they think we're friends, and then it's just a social disaster. *sigh*

Oh, and goldenbarnes, I couldn't make it bigger. Tinypic kept reducing its size. :frown: It was pretty though! And bold. And homemade....:redface:
Yes, there's being nice and being too nice. Just let everybody that you meet know that you have a disclaimer 'reserving your right to dump any friends, without notice, who you deem annoying.'

You'll be rid of any followers :smile:
Reply 19
I don't know how much I like the idea of being rid of -all- followers...I mean, even Jesus needed SOME...

Latest