Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I just shrinked it again.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
look, i have dumbledore on my side, and he says we can definitely take all of you on.
He's dead.
Reply 43
ok - last question i promise.

are some colleges harder to get into than others? i'm on the fence over hild & bede or hatfield so this may be my answer...
Reply 44
Yes, in a sense, but whether you get into Durham or not isn't affected by which college you apply to. Your application goes to the subject department, they decide if they want you, then you're passed onto the college. If they don't have room for you, you go into a college pool thing and are allocated to another college.

Oh, and I'll make it easy for you. Hild Bede!
Reply 45
does hild and bede have a website? or am i just dumb and cant find it!?
Jelkin
Yes, in a sense, but whether you get into Durham or not isn't affected by which college you apply to. Your application goes to the subject department, they decide if they want you, then you're passed onto the college. If they don't have room for you, you go into a college pool thing and are allocated to another college.

Oh, and I'll make it easy for you. Hild Bede!

This much is true, but I wanted to elaborate! By picking a popular College, you are up against more people for that same place to study subject X than at a less popular College. Thus, your chance of studying at Durham is not affected by choice of College, but your chance of being at your favoured College is.
frizzy_locks
ok - last question i promise.

are some colleges harder to get into than others? i'm on the fence over hild & bede or hatfield so this may be my answer...

Try and find differences between the two to help you make up your mind....

Hatfield is more central
Hild Bede is bigger
Hatfield has formal twice weekly (don't be afraid of this, it's great fun!)
Hild Bede has more sporting facilities

It doesn't have to be these factors, but find ones which apply to you and narrow it down from these.

Latest