The Student Room Group
I had my interview today at the store and got the job 2 hours later on the phone.

they are currently recruiting now for the christmas period, so if anyone is interested, just drop in your CV.
Reply 2
which one are u gonna be working at? and what is the pay like??
I work at the oxford street branch. the pay is £5.51, but considering the amount of work muji staff do (which is very little). the pay is alright considering the work load is peanuts.
Reply 4
kl, i might apply there what is the interivew process like??
its just a general chat about your self, the manager will ask, what your favourite product in the store, if you have any experience with customers, just general stuff like why you want to work in muji and what section would you like to work in.

Basically, if you get along with the store manager, you will get the job!

i'm thinking of quiting lol its really boring, i just stand there and do very little, i guess its the same for the rest of the retail jobs.
Reply 6
Sounds boring but not too bad if it's for a few weeks I guess. I think working in m&s is worse coz it gets sooooo busy and you get so many rude old hags who want you to run after them and find them everything they want ( even if it means going 2 floors up to find it). Urgh! So might just hand in my cv at the muji store in brum for christmas :smile:

Oh and what sections are there in the store in case I get an interview and they ask me what section i want to work in? What kind of stuff do they sell there? I've only been in that store once so if they ask me questions about it, I won't have a clue. Maybe if I get called for an interview I should get a day before and go browse hehe.
well, there is:
furniture and houseware
stationary
women's clothes
men's clothes

I work in the furniture and housware, hardly anyone buys something in this section. Like for yesterday, only a mirror, 5 plastic drawers, 2 bowls and 2 spoons were sold to my knowledge, and this was over a period of 7 hours!
I do hardly anything all day, and get easy money.

The stationary section on the other hand has loads of customers, therefore they are always busy!
Reply 8
Won't be applying to the stationary section then! hehe
You are making it sound more and more attractive to me :biggrin:...although i guess the idea of easy money appeals to most people anyway.
I'll be applying there, any call centre that's recruiting and waterstones too (won't hold my breath for that one though)
is the oxford st branch still looking for xmas temps ?!
yeah they are, my manager doesn't take in CV from what I noticed, he will just direct you to the website.

instead, go downstairs and go to the assistant manager, she however will take in CVs and drops them into the manager's office.

my manger hasn't looked for xmas temps yet, but he will be hiring soon.

I'm gonna turn my full time shift to part time, so they will be looking for someone who can do an evening shift to fill in my place.

I got an interview next door at Nexts for a evening shift, £6.50 an hour and 75% discount off uniform clothes!
hehe.. ok thanks. I think I send cv + cover letter to covent gdn. ttc and oxford street branch.
Do you think they prefer employees of oriental descent? just to go with their theme? i know equal opportunites but still...
I dont think thats the case, it just happens that majority of the people who give in their CV's are internationals. TTC brand has more english people I think, my branch has loads of international people (but my manager will hire anyone he likes).

As far as I'm aware, I'm the youngest one there (at 19) and is birn in London. We got people from France, Sweden, basically all over the place!

Latest

Trending

Trending