The Student Room Group

Does it become creepy when someone is a virgin at 25?

I think it does especially for men more so than women but that's another issue for another thread.

I have this cousin who is still a virgin at 26 and I think it's pretty sad. I don't know her personally but she always says she's saving herself for the One. I think it's ridiculous and a grown woman who's nearing 30 should be getting ready to start a family.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Armin.
I think it does especially for men more so than women but that's another issue for another thread.

I have this cousin who is still a virgin at 26 and I think it's pretty sad. I don't know her personally but she always says she's saving herself for the One. I think it's ridiculous and a grown woman who's nearing 30 should be getting ready to start a family.

Sex is for the lower class.

I'll have my kids (that's if I have any) via IVF, so I'll still be a virgin after having kids.
It's her life, she can do what she wants. Why do you care?
No
Reply 4
Not at all. Nothing wrong with losing your virginity at an older age imo.
Why would that be creepy? Is her holiness strange to you? :lolwut:
tl:dr version - Armin. wants to lose his virginity to his cousin and take her virginity at the same time.
Whose business is it but her own who she sleeps with? The last person whose opinion she should care about is some judgemental little twerp who draws conclusions about her based on her love life.
I think it's probably a sign of emotional immaturity if you've never met anyone that you've been able to get close enough to commit to by then. Once you've hit 30 you might has well hit the Cat's Protection League and spend your Wedding Fund on donations and neuterings.
Reply 9
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I think it's probably a sign of emotional immaturity if you've never met anyone that you've been able to get close enough to commit to by then. Once you've hit 30 you might has well hit the Cat's Protection League and spend your Wedding Fund on donations and neuterings.

Are you saying that basically once you reach 30, you might as well fill your vagina with cement and accept the fact that you'll die a lonely virgin? Why 30 though? Why not 32?

I hardly think that's true.
Reply 10
There's nothing wrong with it. If someone wants to save them self for marriage then its ok. Mind your own business and get on with your own life.
Original post by Armin.

If you think she should be starting a family then her waiting for the one is something which matches that quite well imo. A family should be built with, 'the one'.
Original post by Miss Posh
Are you saying that basically once you reach 30, you might as well fill your vagina with cement and accept the fact that you'll die a lonely virgin? Why 30 though? Why not 32?

I hardly think that's true.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Men want a nice, young and nubile innocent. By the time you've started sagging you better hope you've got some experience behind you to help lure them in.
Reply 13
Sex is for the lower class.

I'll have my kids (that's if I have any) via IVF, so I'll still be a virgin after having kids.

I think your name says it all really another middle class wanabe loser who's trying to scale their way up the class ladder.

Lol the second bit did make me laugh though keep up the good work Miss Posh.

Original post by jamez870
It's her life, she can do what she wants. Why do you care?

Well I don't but when I found out she was a virgin last week through my mum I thought "Huh that's a bit odd" and just carried on. I made this thread to see what other people thought.

I think it's something to worry about.

Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Why would that be creepy? Is her holiness strange to you? :lolwut:

She's not even religious though nor are her parents.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
That's exactly what I'm saying. Men want a nice, young and nubile innocent. By the time you've started sagging you better hope you've got some experience behind you to help lure them in.

Not all men want what you're describing because other stuff is far more important than appearance, like what kind of job you have, how much wealth do your parents have, your status, money and personality.

Your thinking how a naive teenager thinks which isn't how most people think in their 30s.
Reply 15
Original post by keturah

What age (if any) would you think it's still strange to be a virgin?

Original post by Harvey Dent
Whose business is it but her own who she sleeps with? The last person whose opinion she should care about is some judgemental little twerp who draws conclusions about her based on her love life.

You're right it's her business but I just think it's strange that a healthy girl of a western upbringing still has her virginity in tact at the age of 26/27. She's had boyfriends in the past but she maintains that she is indeed still a virgin so I guess she has issues with doing it. We are not religious so that's not it either. It's quite intriguing really.
Original post by Armin.
She's not even religious though nor are her parents.

Well if you say she's a virgin and therefore should be religious to rationalise why, then you're saying only religious people will still at such an "abnormal" age, have their purity about them. :colone: Anyway...she doesn't have to be religious to be decent lol Though religion is always an added incentive. :smile:
I will not have sex with anyone. I don't care what anyone thinks about that.
Not all men want what you're describing because other stuff is far more important than appearance, like what kind of job you have, how much wealth do your parents have, your status, money and personality.

Your thinking how a naive teenager thinks which isn't how most people think in their 30s.

Men don't care what kind of job you have, what is this?
Original post by keturah

Exactly. Only some loose liberal will trouble you about it, and it's best to ignore their aggressions. :wink: Most likely the aggression especially from a woman about another woman being a virgin is a sadness deep down for not having their purity anymore yet still an empty bed every night. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest