The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Anyone not big on drinking?

I'm looking to make some friends but find it difficult not being a drinker and not really being interested in clubbing etc. Anyone in the same boat? :smile:
yeah definitely I like drinking but since freshers week its just got downhill just cab to go out to town waste money on alcohol, a rubbish takeaway and then a taxi
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Hi. I'm an ex-student of Lancaster currently looking to take up a course at Hudds Uni in the fall of 2015. Drinking in my experience of uni can be a problem, but there are ways around it for sure. Taking a more active presence in uni life, getting involved in seminar groups and course-mates as well as just flat mates, and perhaps most importantly making use of the hundreds of societies that uni has to offer! So there's no real problem in being non-alcoholically social, but when you think that making friends lies at the bottom of a plastic beer bottle and 'force' yourself to go out clubbing each night as I did last year (ah, my youthful naivety!) then you'll have problems. So be yourself and be proud of it and you'll be fine - and hopefully me too this time round!! (should I get a place!)
Hope this helps 😊
Sam

Quick Reply