The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mecarter
Good luck! Keep in touch if you do accept the offer.

Looks like it :smile: Visited some other places by now, and thought about it for a while, but will be accepting UCL now. Just sorting out undergrad degree certificate confirmation and other stuff at the moment. How about yourself?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 161
Hi all... is anyone still waiting for a response regarding their application? I applied at the beginning of March to the MSc Computer Science course and the application status still only says "completed". At the end of March I received an email saying:

"I am emailing to let you know that we have received your application for the MSc in Computer Science at UCL, and I have passed it onto the admissions tutor for consideration."

However since then I have had no update!

What are the chances there are still places? Is no news good news in this case?

Thanks
Original post by killuaa
Hi all... is anyone still waiting for a response regarding their application? I applied at the beginning of March to the MSc Computer Science course and the application status still only says "completed". At the end of March I received an email saying:

"I am emailing to let you know that we have received your application for the MSc in Computer Science at UCL, and I have passed it onto the admissions tutor for consideration."

Thanks

if it makes you feel any better i havent even had an email like that yet, (though i did apply in early may)
Original post by killuaa

Thanks

I'm still waiting too!!!! when did you submit your application?
Reply 164
I believe I submitted mine at the beginning of March! Maybe the 3rd?
Original post by killuaa
I believe I submitted mine at the beginning of March! Maybe the 3rd?

I submitted by the end of Feb.
and I got rejected this morning......
:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 166
Hello everyone,
I got an offer for LLM in Alternative Dispute Resolution. Did you guys already decide on where are you going to rent? I want to rent a studio in a private hall but am far from finding the ideal one :frown:
Reply 167
Original post by janice_lalala
I submitted by the end of Feb.
and I got rejected this morning......
:frown::frown::frown:

Sorry to hear that!

My application status just changed to:
Currently being processed by Admissions

Not really sure if thta is good or bad news!!
Original post by killuaa
Sorry to hear that!

My application status just changed to:
Currently being processed by Admissions

Not really sure if thta is good or bad news!!

I think you will receive the decision very soon.
Wish you good luck! :smile:
Reply 169
Hey guys, I have an offer for an MA in history. Anyone joining me?
Original post by Lyman
Hey guys, I have an offer for an MA in history. Anyone joining me?

Hi, I also have an offer for the MA in History!
Hey guys!

I received an unconditional offer for MSc Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine that I accepted.

Exciting stuff :biggrin:
Hello everyone!

I'm accepted an unconditional offer for the MSc in Public Policy. Can't wait to get started, wish it was September already!
Reply 173
Any Econ offer holders have advice for an applicant for next years entry?😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone!

I will be applying for an MSc in Financial Risk Management at UCL during the upcoming months for the 2016/2017 academic year, and I would really appreciate it if you guys could remove my following doubts:

1. For those of you who are about to graduate, what conditional offers did you receive?
2. For those of you who have already graduated, could you please let me know what your academic profile is?

The reason for these questions is mainly so I know what to expect from the university when I start applying in September.

Thanks a lot guys :smile:

P.S. You don't need to have applied to my MSc for you to help me, I am merely interested in the offers that they usually hand out to the applicants in general.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 175
Hi, can anybody suggest some resources to use to help me find private accommodation and / or flatmates? I'll be starting MSc Econ this September and as a domestic student I have to apply for private accommodation rather than halls. I've found the UoL Housing Service site (http://www.housing.london.ac.uk/) but I'm sure there are others that I'm not aware of.
Reply 176
Original post by iBall
Any Econ offer holders have advice for an applicant for next years entry?😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose if I came here asking for help then I should help somebody else.

I had already graduated with a 1st from UEA doing Economics before applying to UCL. I'm sure already having that result helped me enormously as I'd be seen as a less risky candidate. So keep in mind that you do not need to go straight on to a masters from third year. If that's your plan though, just do as well as you can in your exams (obviously).

I'd suggest you work on your references. If none of your professors even know who you are you're not going to get a brilliant reference. All they will be able to do is describe how good of a student you have been on paper - something which is already captured by your degree classification. You want your references to be able to say that they know you personally and that you are [dedicated / thoughtful / creative / fun to work with] etc. So make yourself known - that means at the very least participating in seminars and lectures whenever you can, perhaps meeting with your professors to discuss things on your own time too.

Another thing that I was worrying about for a while was my personal statement. I looked at examples online but the vast majority are for undergraduates not graduates. They are written by a level students and it shows - even the best are incredibly pretentious. Don't try to copy them. Your personal statement simply needs to describe who you are (including acadmic interests and very briefly personal interests if it's particularly interesting), why you want to do the course and why you want to do the course at the relevant institution. Don't use needlessly flowery language, try to be poetic or emotional. Just be honest and keep to the point. I found reading through the available modules and picking out those that you would be interested in helpful.

In the end I applied to Bath, Durham, York, Warwick and UCL and received unconditional offers from all of them. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the above is pretty much all I did. I hope that helps.
Original post by Spookiee
Hey everyone!

I will be applying for an MSc in Financial Risk Management at UCL during the upcoming months for the 2016/2017 academic year, and I would really appreciate it if you guys could remove my following doubts:

1. For those of you who are about to graduate, what conditional offers did you receive?
2. For those of you who have already graduated, could you please let me know what your academic profile is?

The reason for these questions is mainly so I know what to expect from the university when I start applying in September.

Thanks a lot guys :smile:

P.S. You don't need to have applied to my MSc for you to help me, I am merely interested in the offers that they usually hand out to the applicants in general.

Im just finishing this course. If you need any information about anything, Id be happy to help.

As for my offer, I received an unconditional offer as I had already graduated when I applied. I had a 2.1 (68% average) in Economics from Birmingham. No additional cv boosters though.
Hi all!

Received an "oral offer" after my phone interview today. I was informed docs would be prepared and reading list sent my way ASAP.
Original post by Patty8919
Hi all!

Received an "oral offer" after my phone interview today. I was informed docs would be prepared and reading list sent my way ASAP.

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending